Options

wich PP has been used?

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    Hm, I don't know, to me it just looks like he/she played around with the levels (darkened the whites, and darkened the blacks) & desaturated the colors? ne_nau.gif Maybe he/she applied a light draganizer filter too (just google draganizer, and I'm sure you'll find something)? That would have been my guess .... The photos don't seem to have much color, nor contrast to me ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited April 15, 2009
    The boxers and sports shots seem to have a very heavy handed vignetting as well.

I agree that the levels seem to have been flattened slightly as well.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    fede07fede07 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    The boxers and sports shots seem to have a very heavy handed vignetting as well.

I agree that the levels seem to have been flattened slightly as well.

for the boxers i'm agree: it's a vignetting handmade. but for the first link, i don't know how can obtain that colours, they seems desaturated and contrastated...
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2009
    fede07 wrote:
    for the boxers i'm agree: it's a vignetting handmade. but for the first link, i don't know how can obtain that colours, they seems desaturated and contrastated...

Desaturated via the Hue/Saturation command, perhaps? Contrast boosted with a steeper curve or an Overlay blend.

That particualar image looks too magenta on her face to me, and I wondered if there was some green tint in the window as well.

I was surprised at the heavy hand used for the vignettes, myself, as some photojournalists feel any image manipulation is verboten. My son works on the Indiana Daily Student, and they are not allowed to even alter the curve or do a blend of layers to improve image legibility, and no vignettes at all.

• Options
    fede07fede07 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2009
    absolutely true!! but i saw that in this moment in italy every kind of journal use this Post-production, also WPF. great contrast, super vignette and colours desaturated. There isn't a photoshop or lightroom actions that makes these effects?
  • Options
    MnemosyneMnemosyne Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Pretty sure I some straight dodging and burning
    Audentes fortuna iuvat
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2009
    This post shows images that look similar to me, might ask him about the actions he used

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=127584

• Options
    AAABluestockingAAABluestocking Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    I got this look by accident when trying to duplicate the LAB curve look described in the snow processing thread. Convert to LAB and then on the Lightness curve flatten it in the dark area.
    My SmugMug Galleries
    Learn the various techniques to make all things possible and then choose deliberately which you actually want-rutt