New Kittens - Everyone Say "Oooohhh"

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited April 17, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Baby kittens are so hard to resist, at least for most of us. As many of you know, we lost our beloved 14-year-old "Titch" to neighbor pit bulls back in February. We finally decided it was time to venture into new kitten land, so here they are.

Making their debut are "Wicket" and her yet unnamed adopted sister. Both females, same age, different litters.

I'm taking ideas for names, so feel free to offer one up. I'm leaning towards "Daisy" because it's my favorite flower, but it may be a bit too feminine for my taste. Generally, our pets have British names so I'm still pondering some of those also.

Enjoy!!

Lauren

1. Unnamed Kitten
513165220_DwsN8-L.jpg

2. Wicket
513165848_3SqAH-L.jpg

3. Wicket - my husband holding her
513165553_4EDcg-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Generally, our pets have British names so I'm still pondering some of those also.

Unnamed Kitten = UK
    Randy
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    Or, since you already have Wicket, why not Cricket? :D
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    Randy - Clever idea, but I'd end up saying "yuck" too often! rolleyes1.gif

Llywellyn - I suggested "Cricket" but my husband vetoed. I also suggested "Sticky" for "sticky wicket" but he didn't like that one either.

I have settled on "Abbey" because Fountains Abbey is my favorite place in the whole of the UK!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    Name it C.R. When someone asks what the initials mean, you point to the furmonster and ask, "See our cat?"

Lee
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • NateWNateW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    Name it C.R. When someone asks what the initials mean, you point to the furmonster and ask, "See our cat?"

Lee
    If I get another cat, I'm gonna try for that one. clap.gif
    NateW

NTWPhotos.com
    Member, Livingston County Photographers Group (http://livcophotographers.com)

If responding to a picture I've posted: please, provide constructive criticism. Destructive criticism can go take a flying leap.
    If we don't know what could be improved or could have been done differently, we'll never know how to get better at what we're doing.
  • JustPlainMeJustPlainMe Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    So cute, yes! Kittens = automatic cuteness.

I had a friend in college with a cat named Fnulnu, pronounced "fuh-new-luh-new." Her dad worked for the DEA and it stands for "first name unknown, last name unknown" like a John Doe.

I like the T. S. Eliot direction; there's Rumpleteaser, Skimbleshanks, and my favorite, Pouncival.

I'm glad you're able to take that next step!

Can't wait to see more pictures.
    Please ignore my opinions! And if I ask for constructive criticism, please give it to me. I have really thick skin! :huh
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    I would call her Dolly - has a cricket meaning and is a cute girl name. But Abbey is nice too!
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Baby kittens are so hard to resist, at least for most of us. As many of you know, we lost our beloved 14-year-old "Titch" to neighbor pit bulls back in February. We finally decided it was time to venture into new kitten land, so here they are.

Making their debut are "Wicket" and her yet unnamed adopted sister. Both females, same age, different litters.

I'm taking ideas for names, so feel free to offer one up. I'm leaning towards "Daisy" because it's my favorite flower, but it may be a bit too feminine for my taste. Generally, our pets have British names so I'm still pondering some of those also.

Enjoy!!

Lauren

1. Unnamed Kitten
    2. Wicket
    3. Wicket - my husband holding her

How cute are these babies iloveyou.gif
    Naming pets for me was not easy either.
    The one I have now whom I affectionately call Miss Kitty is a real little princess, I call her lots of names, she actually answers to anthing rolleyes1.gif

What I love about owning Miss Kitty is that she needs me and I need her.

May you and your family have years and years of joy owning these two new kittens... wishing you all the Best thumb.gif ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Skippy - thanks for the good wishes! I remember "Miss Kitty" from the old Gunsmoke tv show--she was a feisty redhead! rolleyes1.gif

Everyone - thanks for all the suggested names. I told the kitten I would call her "Abbey" and she didn't object, so I guess she thinks it's ok. headscratch.gif Well, maybe not . . . all she did was run after the other kitten, "Wicket."

It's been a long time since I have laughed so hard . . . these little fur balls look like tv wrestlers the way they pounce and roll. They do more somersaults than the Olympic team!

I'll post more pics later today. . . when I stop laughing. rolleyes1.gifwings.gifclap.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • David-StallardDavid-Stallard Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    Waaaaay too cute, as for a name - our eldest is called C-Fer (C fer Cat).

You could always go for the 'cockney' favourite - cooking fat. . . . think about it lol.

Congrats on the new family

.DAVID.
    http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/

Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints