Options

Goin' home

jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
edited April 20, 2009 in Journeys
I grew up on the Sunshine Coast in British Columbia and spent about 6 years in one of Vancouver's sleeper communities, but when I met my dear husband, I agreed to move out East with him. We've been out here for about 3 1/2 years now, and we hadn't been back together since then. So, when flights were cheap, we decided to go back and visit our moms, who both still live out there. Aaaahh....heaven!

We visited his mom first, and took a walk down on the beach by her place:
DSC_0219.jpg

We took a self portrait:
DSC_0224.jpg

I did some "artsy-fartsy" shots:
DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

We saw the biggest hawk ever (I couldn't get close enough because I was kind of afraid of him!):
DSC_0235.jpg

Then we took the ferry over to Victoria, and went to the top deck to take in the view (that's where I used to work!):
DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

Then we took another ferry over to the Sunshine Coast for a visit with my mom, and while we were there, we had a bonfire and went to the beach:
DSC_0429.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

We had a great trip, and of course, it wasn't long enough, but I suspect we'll be back again before long, and I promise to regale you all with a much better travel tale!!
Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
Joy Nash

Comments

• Options
    Ratty2austinRatty2austin Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    Beautiful photos :D

I really like the fire shot- and the last one (although it's slightly tilted mwink.gif )

Btw- I believe the "large hawk" is actually a Golden Eagle thumb.gif pretty cool find! I have not seen one of those in a long time... we have so many Bald Eagles in our area, they are almost "a common bird" now :D
  • Options
    Michael AllenMichael Allen Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    2nd the eagle. I'd say he was taking a break from fishing.
    -Mike