The barman's girlfriend

BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited June 8, 2005 in People
She's from Germany, on an extended visit. (These were all taken with my new 420EX using direct flash - I was impressed that somehow I got no red-eye.)

She has the strangest color eyes that I have ever seen...
23849993-O.jpg

...but I hated that lipring, so I took it out...
23930969-O.jpg

...a friend of mine has a fetish for B/W pictures of girls who smoke (personally, I don't like it).
23930970-O.jpg

Comments welcome.

regards
alan

Comments

• coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Love the middle one! That's my kind of portrait. The lip ring just isn't pleasant to me. The smile is awesome though! thumb.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    I agree - #2 is great! Nice smile!
    Is it me, or does she look a little like Courtney Love? headscratch.gif

Matty
    BigAl wrote:
    She's from Germany, on an extended visit. (These were all taken with my new 420EX using direct flash - I was impressed that somehow I got no red-eye.)

23849993-Th.jpg

23930969-Th.jpg

...a friend of mine has a fetish for B/W pictures of girls who smoke (personally, I don't like it).
    23930970-Th.jpg

Comments welcome.

regards
    alan
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2005
    Mattias - whether andy made you do it or not, I'm glad to see you here too.

regards
    alan

ps: I have no idea who courtney love is :uhoh
    edited June 4, 2005
    coldclimb wrote:
    Love the middle one! That's my kind of portrait. The lip ring just isn't pleasant to me. The smile is awesome though! thumb.gif
    Thanks for looking. I hate the whole idea of the body piercing thing. She is easy on the eye in real life as well!

regards
    alan
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    BigAl wrote:

23849993-Th.jpg

23930969-Th.jpg

23930970-Th..jpg

Comments welcome.

regards
    alan

I like them All, Alan!
    I think you managed to make very live portraits with charachter of the model. Very - very good job, Alan!
    Congratulations.
    Interesting to know how did you manage to relax her?
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    I definitely like the middle one, you caught a very flattering angle. Seems to me that one you have the lighting down, finding that good looking angle is what you're really working on as you shoot.

And for everyone who reads this thread, please read this link about replying to a post that has photos. Please make sure you reduce the size of the photos in your reply. I went back and did it to the two replies here. It just helps keep the threads less cluttered. Thanks. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    You know, I really like the last onethumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
    edited June 7, 2005
    I like them All, Alan!
    I think you managed to make very live portraits with charachter of the model. Very - very good job, Alan!
    Congratulations.
    Interesting to know how did you manage to relax her?
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    Thanks Yuri. She seemed quite at ease with the old men 1drink.gif, she was also drinking water, so it wasn't the effect of the alcohol.

regards
    alan
    edited June 7, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    I definitely like the middle one, you caught a very flattering angle. Seems to me that one you have the lighting down, finding that good looking angle is what you're really working on as you shoot.

And for everyone who reads this thread, please read this link about replying to a post that has photos. Please make sure you reduce the size of the photos in your reply. I went back and did it to the two replies here. It just helps keep the threads less cluttered. Thanks. thumb.gif
    Thanks Sid. As I said, I'm really impressed with how well the 420ex and the 350d work together (rather than any skill on my part ne_nau.gif)

regards
    alan
    edited June 7, 2005
    rahmonster wrote:
    You know, I really like the last onethumb.gif
    Thanks! I converted it to B/W especially for a friend who wants a framed copy.

regards
    alan
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    I like the second one (sans ring) and I really like the last black and white, I don't care that she's smoking, it looks very....hmmm Euro? thumb.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Number 2's looks Best
    BigAl wrote:

Comments welcome. regards alan
    I like the second image too BigAl, she has a very pretty face.
    ......sorry but body piercing doesn't do anything for me, if only they realized the scares are permanet. ...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited June 8, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    I like the second one (sans ring) and I really like the last black and white, I don't care that she's smoking, it looks very....hmmm Euro? thumb.gif
    Thanks Lynn. I've alway preferred color and this is my first experiment with B/W.

regards
    alan
    edited June 8, 2005
    Skippy wrote:
    I like the second image too BigAl, she has a very pretty face.
    ......sorry but body piercing doesn't do anything for me, if only they realized the scares are permanet. ...... Skippy (Australia)
    Thanks Skippy. These face piercings are a pet hate of mine, especially on young ladies. I usually always have one pic in a series where I clone it out, and the young ladies get quite irate with me as I usually choose the best pic for the removal rolleyes1.gif

regards
    alan