DSS #23...Need help

B RockB Rock Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited April 16, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've come up with a few pictures and I'm just not sure which I want to go with. Help me decide! Reshoot is available as well.

513542276_PT7mx-L.jpg

513541452_GspAR-L.jpg

513547280_hW2zC-L.jpg

513548416_8XaWy-L.jpg
513546282_3U2Ez-L.jpg

513544534_VUpqh-L.jpg

513543604_mRVKE-L.jpg

513545457_TbASL-L.jpg

Comments

• DrinDrin Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2009
    None of these are really doing it for me, given the theme. I like #3 but it doesn't really speak saturated to me. I get where you're going with the sponge, but I think there are better options. Sorry. :cry I think you could do something neat in the shower, though. How about a fast shutter speed to freeze droplets of water, or something?

Just my two cents, take it as you will, good luck. thumb.gif
    Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS)
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 75-300mm
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 16, 2009
    Might I suggest that you add color to the water on the surface so you have contrast between the two? Another thought would be to have it dripping from the sponge or something to make there be action.
  • B RockB Rock Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Possibly some foodcoloring to the water would help?
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    B Rock wrote:
    Possibly some foodcoloring to the water would help?

Food coloring could help (I'm not real sure, haven't ever tried it myself)... but the water definitely needs something to pop it out from the background. It's just so hard to see it in the current set that it could easily be missed when the judges go through to pick their favorites.

You've got some interesting compositions going on here but try giving the water a bit of a tint, and if you have it available, try shooting on a white background with out texture, that could also help!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    #4 for me
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • LivingLargeLivingLarge Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    Might I suggest that you add color to the water on the surface so you have contrast between the two? Another thought would be to have it dripping from the sponge or something to make there be action.

15524779-Ti.gif although I was thinking a different surface/background. As far as a subject, the sponge does have potential. perhaps some action to rescue the 'static' feeling.ne_nau.gif
    “He who works with his hands is a laborer.
    He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
    He who works with his hands and his head and his heartis an artist.”