#23 rethink...

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited April 16, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok I was looking at my entry and wondering if its too dark for some monitors...since it seems my monitor sees more lighted details then some. So I lightened it up some. Is it too light? Which is better?
this is what I have entered...
510232195_euJRw-L-1.jpg

2. lightened up...
513541572_vHZM2-L.jpg

Please ignor the double watermark. Smugmug is taking forever to remove one of them and it might not be there when I hit post.

Edit...
3. The two images blended to get an inbetween lightness. With the drops/ripple staying light like in #2.
513795951_Ft2fK-L-1.jpg

Edit again...with noise reduction...
513854174_TyQb5-L-1.jpg

Comments

• Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    #2 is much better, lightening it up has helped to define the edges of the splash better and makes the saturated colours on the cd more vivid.

Much better thumb.gifthumb

Tim
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    On #2, I can see the water ripple much better, but for me the disks are just a little too light
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    My laptop monitor shows photos brighter than they are on most monitors and #2 looks fine to me. Given the added clarity of the splash, I'd go with #2. Of course, you can always blend the two versions, use a little masking, and pick the best of both or something in between. :D Really neat shot whatever you decide.

Virginia

Email
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 16, 2009
    thanks for the input. I have edited one more time and blended 1 and 2 together to get something inbetween.

Is that any better?? Or should I scrap this thought and try something new this weekend?
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    thanks for the input. I have edited one more time and blended 1 and 2 together to get something inbetween.

Is that any better?? Or should I scrap this thought and try something new this weekend?

On my screen the 3-rd one looks good.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited April 16, 2009
    JAG wrote:

I like the new version, you've kept the vivid-ness (is that a real word?) and the definition of the drip-splash while toning down the bright patch on the cd. thumb.gifthumb

Tim
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    I like the lightened version Joyce, but I would use your noise reduction software on it. :D
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 16, 2009
    Thanks for responding quickly.
    I added another one to the top post with selective noise reduction applied. It actually improves on the droplets on the cd.
    edited April 16, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    Thanks for responding quickly.
    I added another one to the top post with selective noise reduction applied. It actually improves on the droplets on the cd.

I think that #4 is the one thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Tim
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    #4 thumb.gif

Virginia

Email
  • DrinDrin Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    You had to submit it right next to mine to make it look bad. >_>

Great photo! :D
    Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS)