DSS 23 flood

annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
edited April 16, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I haven't had much time to shoot anything for the past couple of weeks, but I did come up with these. Are they any good for this theme, and if so, which one?

1.R04-1RakSkoc-053.jpg

R05-1RakSkoc-070.jpg

R08-1RakSkoc-058.jpg

R11-1RakSkoc-106.jpg

R14-1RakSkoc-075.jpg

R12-1RakSkoc-089.jpg

R21-2CerkJ-01.jpg

These are all flooded areas: a normally dry river bed with water coming from the Karst underworld, and an intermittent lake in #7, which has risen to an extremely high level.

What do you think?

Ana
Ana
SmugMug Support Hero Manager
My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 16, 2009
    i am not seeing the first image...but #2 through 6 are beautifully captured....but I think 7 is the one that speaks the them more. Since the standing water with a tree in it give the impression of the ground being saturated...and the moving river water shows the water moving over the land and not necessarily saturated. JMO.
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Ana,

Pictures 4, 6, and 7 seem to say it the best. Of those #7 looks saturated since it's a flood. My problem is that I don't 'feel' saturated. Maybe it's because you are close to shore and so the submerged tree isn't that far from the land so it doesn't feel that flooded (obviously it is very flooded). Maybe there is a crop that eliminates the shore on the right so the boat and tree seem to be less anchored to the shore. I'm not sure I'm making any sense at all with this rambling.ne_nau.gif
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    I like all of them, #7 the best, but I think Tom is right.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 16, 2009
    Thanks everybody for your input!

I searched my folder for another photo of the submerged tree and the boat, but it was impossible to shoot the scene without capturing the shore as the boat is practically ON the shore. :D

I did find a few other shots of the flooding lake. Any contenders?

R22-2CerkJ-19.jpg

R23-2CerkJ-22.jpg

R24-2CerkJ-24.jpg

Thanks for suggestions!

Ana
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • DrinDrin Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Okay #3 is really doing it for me. It's my winner. I feel saturated looking at that picture. :D #6 is a beautiful shot, too, but I don't think it fits the theme quite as well.

Great pictures. thumb.gif
    Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS)
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 75-300mm