Vista 64bit and Pantone Huey?

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited April 28, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
Is there anyone using this combination? I havent seen anywhere on Pantones website where the device supports Vista 64.

Comments

• ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    I've tried it and it does function if you d/l the latest software, but I was not satisfied with the resulting calibration on either my monitor or my laptop.
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    I've tried it and it does function if you d/l the latest software, but I was not satisfied with the resulting calibration on either my monitor or my laptop.

Why werent you satisfied....what was the problem?
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Jeff,

I'm using that combo. No problems.

Note: The first unit I received was in the serial # range that calibrated my monitor with a strong green hue. (this is listed on their website) I emailed support and they immediately shipped a new one out. Great customer service thumb.gif
    Randy
    edited April 21, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Jeff,

I'm using that combo. No problems.

Note: The first unit I received was in the serial # range that calibrated my monitor with a strong green hue. (this is listed on their website) I emailed support and they immediately shipped a new one out. Great customer service thumb.gif

Thanks....I REALLY appreciate the respose.

So far its been a great tool....on WinXP. Hopefully I can say the same next week on a new system!

Im an XP fan, but unfortunately it doesnt support the RAM required to handle modern day sized files.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Jeff, we had this discussion June last year.

After switching over to a 64bit Vista machine, my Huey was giving me a magenta cast despite updating the drivers and software. After calling Pantone directly, I was told that they have been unable to get the Huey to play nicely with vista 64bit. No questions asked, they sent me an I1 x-rite no charge.

Great product and great customer service!thumb.gif
    edited April 22, 2009
    Mitchell wrote:
    Jeff, we had this discussion June last year.

After switching over to a 64bit Vista machine, my Huey was giving me a magenta cast despite updating the drivers and software. After calling Pantone directly, I was told that they have been unable to get the Huey to play nicely with vista 64bit. No questions asked, they sent me an I1 x-rite no charge.

Great product and great customer service!thumb.gif

I remember following that thread some, but didnt realize it was attributed to a huey/vista 64 combo. Ill check their site, and my # and if I have issues Ill give them a call.

Im so freakin excited about this new pc build Im about to go bonkers. Half the parts are sitting next to me and the rest should be here Thursday latest. Theres 3 times as much RAM in that cardboard box than my current pc, and only half of it has arrived yet. In fact, the new video card has as much RAM as the system ram on this one.

Do I sound anxious?rolleyes1.gif
  • geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    I've got the Huey Pro and have had nothing but problems with it. It's fine for color calibration (although not quite as good as others) but the main problem I kept having was it wouldn't stick on my screen. I went through 2 of them with the same issue. The suction cups aren't worth crap. Why they would make a product us to "stck" it on the screen goes beyond me when other products are okay just laying flat on the screen. eek7.gif

Its annoying when I've got to hold it with my finger while it calibrates my monitors accurately.

Incidentally, I have Vista 64bit on one of my laptops and it calibrates fine on it, If anything, its a tad little warm. No problems calibrating on my desktops (32bit Vista and 32bit XP). :D
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
  • ARKreationsARKreations Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Why werent you satisfied....what was the problem?
    Sorry for the delayed response - I lost track of this thread.

My complaint was that no matter how I calibrated it, everything had an orange cast to it. I was also trying to match up my laptop with my desktop monitor and no matter what I tried, the Huey just never even came close.
    Ross - ARKreations Photography
    http://www.arkreations.com
    Nikon D700 | D300 | D80 | SB-800(x2) | SB-600(x2)
    Nikkor Lenses: 14-24 f/2.8 | 24-70 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8 | 85 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | 70-300 VR