Deception Pass, WA

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited April 16, 2009 in Landscapes
went up to Deception Pass yesterday, to get out of the house and cheer myself up - being unemployed with no real prospects in sight after 4 months gets depressing - and spent several hours nosing around and taking shots of the bridge. here are a couple i liked... the "whitewater" you see around rocks at the base of the bridge support is due to the current through the pass. when the tide is changing, the current there can reach over 8 knots (almost 10 mph), and is strong enough to make many boats wait till the tide changes before attempting passage.

IMG_7379smrdx_filtered.jpg

IMG_7402smrdx.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Very nice Rocky. Your pics remind me of a trip that my wife and took very early in our marriage. We had a great time!!

Thanks for the memories, Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    These are some nice shots. I like the second one with the boat passing through.