GrandMa photos, out of state, lugged too much along, not enough time

VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
edited April 16, 2009 in People
This is half, LOOK at MY FAMILY! and half Look at MY PHOTOS!

Day 3, my grandson and son in law, in hospital room window.

513621209_jJTid-L.jpg

Inspired by another grinner !! day 3 in chair near hospital room wondow. I wanted naked baby, baby did NOT.

513621240_xS2bj-L.jpg

Day before induction. MY 30 yr old baby.

513620185_pNeFL-L.jpg

:photo

At 1 hour and 20 minutes old... "Are YOU my Dad? Hey What's to eat around this joint? What do you mean My MA is in surgery? FEED ME!" ( SAME darn chair in hospital room, I was very limited, this little one was very late!!)

513620560_ALWKD-L.jpg
Trudy
www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700

Comments

• ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Congratulations
    Nice starter series. What a pretty family!

(To make naked babies happy, they need to be warm - an assistant with a blow dryer set on low is a good tool)
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    First 3 work really well, especially the pregnancy shot. The first has huge potential and I love the B&W conversion on his face. Not so much the baby which looks OE. Maybe you can burn it in or find something in one of the color channels to use?
    If not now, when?
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Beautiful baby.

Mybaby shots from my second child at that age is a little different. Very much would have prefered the cutesy pics like you have over the CPAP and incubated look I ended up with.

Congrats on the grandchild.
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    VayCayMom wrote:
    513620560_ALWKD-L.jpg
    Wow, so alert for a 1 hr 20 min year old. thumb.gif

Good job working with what you had available. clap.gif
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    These are wonderful!! I especially like 2 and 3. Great job! clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Ha ha! It's baby season! I did my first-ever maternity shots on Tuesday of last week and the mother (Jamie) started labor on Wednesday and baby Maya was born Thursday morning. :D

Maya had the same little hat, and I have to say that your picture with Dad and baby with the pointy hat is just tooooo cute. I love it!! clap.gif and your daughter is just beautiful; she has that wonderful 'glowing mom' look! you captured the light and the feeling perfectly!!!

Here are a couple of the maternity shots. I've just discovered that my monitor calibration (although it looks great to me) is waaay off, so these don't look nearly as nice here at the moment, but I hope to rectify that next week.

512935050_fSfTg-M.jpg

507935132_TvS3t-M.jpg

512915715_5zcKo-M.jpg
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Toshido wrote:
    Beautiful baby.

Mybaby shots from my second child at that age is a little different. Very much would have prefered the cutesy pics like you have over the CPAP and incubated look I ended up with.

Congrats on the grandchild.

Well I am sure you got some great cutsie shots a bit later. I did get some more, ummm primal shots right in the OR, but they were not so pretty ! The best ones came on day 3. You gotta get what you got, and your baby pictures I( I JUST saw them) show how far your baby has come and how wonderful medicine is in this day and age, much to be thankful for!! iloveyou.gif
    Guess we can't just go pick them in a garden, but THAT would be fun to shoot too!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    Like #2 but love #3. Something you would see on the wall from pottery barns wall displays.