Right wing radicals

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited April 17, 2009 in People
I attended the San Jose CA Tea Party on 4-15-09, and wanted to share a few photos with you. They really looked like a very dangerous group.

This is Melany Morgan a well known Conservative talk show personality.

Sam

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    More rough looking characters.
    edited April 17, 2009
    edited April 17, 2009
    An excellent photo demonstrating why you should not procreate while on drugs.
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    Sam wrote:
    An excellent photo demonstrating why you should not procreate while on drugs.

Haha... that statement cracked me up for some reason. That was a full belly laugh you got out of me.

Great photos, Sam... Scary looking bunch.
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    That first one works particularly well. The flag makes a great backdrop. Too bad about the mic stand, but that's life. I might try to get slightly better blacks.

I went to the Boston Tea Party, and though I have to disclose that I don't agree with the ideas behind these demonstrations, I was surprised by how good natured the event was. People are angry about paying taxes, but not really angry at other people. This might be a reflection of the organizer, Michael Graham, a local talk show host, who is sort of in the P. J. O'Rourke mold, frankly an entertainer first.
    If not now, when?
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    Great stuff, Sam! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    I gotta admit I really don't understand why people AREN'T upset with how much we're paying in taxes, how much of it is wasted, how in debt the federal government is. If I had known of an Austin tea party in advance I would have went.

As per the photos in the thread goes the first was good, but from a PJ standpoint I don't feel I got a good sense of the total event. And that is what you want to get, a sense of the story of the day. The other thread with the black-and-white conversions and selective color was a good story telling job by contrast.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    Thanks for sharing these Sam. The last comment and photo are classic!!

mercphoto, I do have to agree with the comments in your first paragraph!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95