...DSS#23 - Another option for thirst quenching saturation...

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited April 19, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Different crop and worked to eliminate some of the BG distraction. Too gimmicky?

514765416_Qsdh5-L.jpg
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• DrinDrin Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    I'm not a fan of the black halo effect. Maybe a different, more subtle technique?
    Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS)
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 75-300mm
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    So True
    I think the lens vignetting has its place in some photos, but definitely not here in a high contrast photograph. 9496500-Ti.gif

It actually takes away from the saturation appeal.. I think if you took that out then the new crop compared to the original works.. and kuddos on the color here, you did a great job.. it is bright and smooth yet maintains its punchy sharpness..

Best of Luck rolleyes1.gif

Kat
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    I think the lens vignetting has its place in some photos, but definitely not here in a high contrast photograph. 9496500-Ti.gif

It actually takes away from the saturation appeal.. I think if you took that out then the new crop compared to the original works.. and kuddos on the color here, you did a great job.. it is bright and smooth yet maintains its punchy sharpness..

Best of Luck rolleyes1.gif

Kat
    I was trying to get rid of the bright upper right with the vignette. Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go with this version:
    515462229_jy7uA-L.jpg
    Mike J

Facebook
    edited April 19, 2009
    Super
    That looks great Mike..wings.gif

as far as that upper vignette, it is not really that bad because it is blueish and looks like blurred background..however, if it bothers you, you might try dodging it out with a very low tolerance and opacity brush in PS. I think it looks great..

This is my first time entering these contests. I was nervous, and stuck in editing land. I finally had to force myself to just submit it today. It is going to be interesting to see all of the late comer submissions..

Best of luck to you on a win...clap.gif

Kat
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    That looks great Mike..wings.gif

as far as that upper vignette, it is not really that bad because it is blueish and looks like blurred background..however, if it bothers you, you might try dodging it out with a very low tolerance and opacity brush in PS. I think it looks great..

This is my first time entering these contests. I was nervous, and stuck in editing land. I finally had to force myself to just submit it today. It is going to be interesting to see all of the late comer submissions..

Best of luck to you on a win...clap.gif

Kat

This is my first submission as well. Good luck to you.
    Mike J

Facebook
    edited April 19, 2009
    Thanks
    Thank you...thumb.gif