Sunny Wednesday

gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
edited April 18, 2009 in People
Went into town on Wednesday this week to take some photos of a friend. Turned into a fantastic afternoon. Here a few I have finished with.

Taken with D70s, all three with a Nikkor 80-200 2.8 I think. A little back lighting on the first shot.

alex_s%202.jpg

P1.jpg
D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com

Comments

• ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    I love that first shot. She really jumps out of the picture, so much so the background almost looks fake. Love it.

Can't say i am as much of a fan of the PP on the other two though.
  • gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    Cheers, I usually don't like pushing colors until they look unnatural, but for some reason it just seemed to work with the background in the first shot.

As for the other two... there really isn't a whole lot of post work. First one is simply a black and white, with a highpass, and a few tweaks with the selective color tool. The second one was taken at sunset.

What doens't work for you?
    D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    I really like composition on all 3.
    In the very first shot, i would whiten her eyes and teeth a little bit.

:D
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • austinstrobistaustinstrobist Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    I really like the first one. Do you mind sharing your PP technique on that picture?
    website & blog

stefanochoi.com
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    Gotta love 1 and 2. I tried with 3, but it just doesn't work for me. Two out of three better than not bad.
    If not now, when?
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    Beautiful!!!
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    on #2 i think you lose too much of the hair on the left and the white (flowers?) that are OOF on the right are distracting and I simply don't like them.
    The bright white patch on the bottom i don't like either. Cropping to the bottom of her sleeve to get rid of it better, imo.

#3 is purely personal that I simply don't like the overly yellow color to it.