Midnight Rush - train in motion

anvilimageanvilimage Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited April 18, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
There are time, like just the other night, that I get stupidly giddy around trains. I blogged about it and this is one of the images that I posted.

514256186_gT8BK-XL.jpg
Joe Ercoli
My Photo Blog - www.anvilimage.com
My Smugmug Gallery

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited April 18, 2009
    Very cool image, Joe. thumb.gif Great color and exposure. I wonder whether it might be stronger if you cropped out the right edge some, maybe eliminating the second street lamp. The extreme right of the train does not appear to be moving nearly as fast as the rest, which is a little disconcerting. ne_nau.gif
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    anvilimage wrote:
    There are time, like just the other night, that I get stupidly giddy around trains. I blogged about it and this is one of the images that I posted.

514256186_gT8BK-XL.jpg
    I love trains, too. In fact, when I travel from Boston to LA to visit my daughter, I "fly" Amtrak; Lake Erie Limited to Chicago, Southwest Chief to LA. It's a relaxing three-day ride, sitting and thinking and watching the landscape of our great country zip by out the window. Well, it's actually we who are doing the zipping.

I think you should keep the image as is. One light would call attention to itself; two lights balance each other out.