Options

composition question, how much to PP?

AAABluestockingAAABluestocking Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
edited May 3, 2009 in Finishing School
I'm really happy with the composition in this one. But I was wondering if I should clone out the ski-pole handle leaning on the table leg in the lower left? Do I leave it alone or 'make it better'?

513770801_gxKBS-M.jpg
My SmugMug Galleries
Learn the various techniques to make all things possible and then choose deliberately which you actually want-rutt

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    I'm really happy with the composition in this one. But I was wondering if I should clone out the ski-pole handle leaning on the table leg in the lower left? Do I leave it alone or 'make it better'?

Too bad the skis aren't over close to the slier so that you could have cropped out the pink pole as well as the ski pole handle in the front.
    Yes do clone out the ski pole handle....that will help.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited April 18, 2009
    I would crop the left side of the image as shown, and use the clone tool to remove the edge of the table after cropping like this
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 18, 2009
    Thanks Pathfinder, that's even better! It's an alternative solution that I didn't think of and it still leaves the same 'feel'.
    My SmugMug Galleries
    Learn the various techniques to make all things possible and then choose deliberately which you actually want-rutt
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2009
    Yup! I need to stay away from the clone tool, lol.

518300627_kPaGk-M.jpg

What I decided was the best;

518303987_ewkqa-M.jpg

Thanks everybody for your input. Since I'm learning PS sometimes I am not sure when too much is too much.
    My SmugMug Galleries
  • Options
    ShooterSquishShooterSquish Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited May 3, 2009
    Yup! I need to stay away from the clone tool, lol.

What I decided was the best;

518303987_ewkqa-M.jpg

Thanks everybody for your input. Since I'm learning PS sometimes I am not sure when too much is too much.

Just my $.002
    By extending the bench out both sides of the image.
    It leads your eyes out to each side and away from the subject. And you wonder what else is there.
    I think the bag on the right side of the bench is a touch distracting.

I like the subject's pose and getting ride of the pole from the first photo was the way to go.