Along the Riverwalk

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited April 20, 2009 in People
I'd appreciate some C&C on this one. I rarely shoot people but I couldn't resist this young "cowboy" in his summer duds! I know you can't see his face, but I like it better that way.

Any thoughts?

515524053_GsYc4-XL.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    The photo does not convey some type of meaning to me. There seems to be no focal point. I know the young fellow is dominant but he needs to be with purpose. Walking to a obvious specific target, turned doing something with his hands etc. You've got great exposure and subject placement but it needs purpose. Just my humble opinion.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Hey Lauren,

I'd crop the distracting top off, where the sunlight is on the trees, to just below that line.

On the boy, for me the motion blur on his leg/foot kills this image. Motion blur is great when it's an important part of an image, but I don't see how it's supposed to fit in here.

You've got a lovely area down there to shoot. Keep it up thumb.gif
    Randy
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Thanks to both of you for the comments. I don't disagree with either of you--I think you both ID'd a problem that I constantly struggle with, and that's purpose. I see now that it is perhaps even more important in shots that do include people.

Much appreciated!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com