Any of these for 23?

DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited April 19, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm having a hard time with this challenge.

Tell me what you think of these as possible entries:

Waiting for a Sip
waitingforasip.jpg

Wet Inside
wetinside.jpg

Holding Sand
holdingsand.jpg

Dry Wetlands
drywetlands.jpg

Thanks!
Amy :D
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    Hard Choices
    Hi,

The first one leaves no doubt as to the message of parched. It is strong the way you zeroed in on the faucet..

The second one is good and I love the way you shot that, and I am guessing it is a parched entry because of the dry background and condensation from heat in the bulb.

the tree is beautiful, but it looks like snow to me, not sand. So it does not give me the feeling of parched..

The wetlands one is ok, and it a creative idea, the problem is that it is shot in black and white and most things look dry in black and white. If it was color, then we would expect to see lots of marsh and green and if it was all yellow and brown and looked parched then that would work...

so I have to say my choice would be number 1 or 2

they are all wonderfully shot though.. Nice work..

Good luck to yourolleyes1.gif and I hope this helped..

Kat
  • DrinDrin Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    The first one makes me feel parched as soon as I look at it! They're all great shots, though, especially 1, 3 & 4. My choice is #1. thumb.gif
    Canon EOS 1000D (Rebel XS)
    EF-S 18-55mm
    EF 75-300mm
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    I agree, the message is most clear for #1 and it's a really dynamic shot. thumb.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    Check the rules though, as your copyright bar at the bottom might get your shot disqualified.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    Check the rules though, as your copyright bar at the bottom might get your shot disqualified.

I wouldn't submit it with my copyright bar. My gallery software on my own site adds that automatically. When I upload the photo to smugmug it won't be there.

I still have a couple of other ideas, so I'll see if those pan out for me. Otherwise #1 may be it. Thanks for the input everyone.
    Amy :D
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
    Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
    Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5