Options

Arrange by number not working

Nata HarliNata Harli Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited April 20, 2009 in Bug Reporting
I probably should have posted the problem here first, but had a senior moment and posted it here:
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=127914

Won't hurt my feelings if you want to move that thread to "Bug Reporting" but I would like to get the problem solved. Seems like I'm not the only one experiencing problems arranging my photos.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    Nata Harli wrote:
    I probably should have posted the problem here first, but had a senior moment and posted it here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=127914

Won't hurt my feelings if you want to move that thread to "Bug Reporting" but I would like to get the problem solved. Seems like I'm not the only one experiencing problems arranging my photos.

Thanks.

"Sort by date taken" has been working for me to sort them by numbers. But you're right, some sorting options don't seem to be working properly.

Caroline
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2009
    "Sort by date taken" has been working for me to sort them by numbers. But you're right, some sorting options don't seem to be working properly.

Caroline
    Caroline,

Yes, I think some of the sort options like "Sort by date taken" work for me also. My problem, due to my own stupidity, is I took 2 cameras with me on a long trip and, not until I got back did I realize that one of the cameras was set to the wrong year. Therefore, "Sort by date taken" won't work very well for me which is why I thought arranging by numbers would be my ideal solution.

Also, since I used 2 different cameras some of the other sorting options won't work for me since they tag the pictures differently.

Sorting by captions works but that means I've got to use some sort of numbering system at the beginning of each and every photo caption. Possible, but makes my captions look rather odd and a lot more work than arranging by number where you can tab to each picture and use the number pad to enter the number.

For ease of sorting, I think my only option is "Arrange by numbers" and that seems to be the one that works not at all.

Ken
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 19, 2009
    Thanks Ken. I am bringing this back to the attention of the programmers. I know that it is on the list to be fixed. I hope we can bump it up some.

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    macrojohnmacrojohn Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Drag to arrange also messes up
    I found recently that dragging to arrange messes up also. Very inconsistent. Is there an arrange method that allows me to put the latest upload first, that IS working?
    thanks,
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    Thanks Ken. I am bringing this back to the attention of the programmers. I know that it is on the list to be fixed. I hope we can bump it up some.

--Doc
    Thanks, Doc. Bumps are much appreciated.