Options

Lightroom 2 and iMac

rgaetanorgaetano Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited April 20, 2009 in Finishing School
I am having major performance issues with my imac recently when using Lightroom. I get the 'pinwheel' of death... i've called Apple and they've not be able to fix the issue.. we clear caches, run disk utilities and power cycled and I still get if after using LR for a bit..

any suggestions? Anyone else have the same issue????

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    rgaetano wrote:
    I am having major performance issues with my imac recently when using Lightroom. I get the 'pinwheel' of death... i've called Apple and they've not be able to fix the issue.. we clear caches, run disk utilities and power cycled and I still get if after using LR for a bit..

any suggestions? Anyone else have the same issue????

Thanks
    LR was starting to slow down a while back on my Mac Pro -- no major "hangs", just enough to be annoying. If you navigate through your LR preferences, you will find an option to "optimize catalog" or something along those lines. I ran that and noticed a significant improvement that has held up quite well. Give it a try; as long as you're backed up (and if you're running Time Machine you are fully covered), there's no downside.

PS - Apple will never help you with Lightroom or any other third-party app; in my experience as soon as they hear that you are having trouble with somebody else's app, they send you packing off to the other company. I'm surprised they walked you through as much as they did.