Options

lifestyle | guess who?

patfureyphotopatfureyphoto Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited April 23, 2009 in People
Hey guys!

This past Friday and Saturday I had the opportunity to travel up to Boston in order to photograph another photographer. She posts here. :) She brought along her lovely husband and awesome dog. This is where you guys have to guess who I shot!

I shot ____.

It was a great time: a little rain, not much sun, but we made it work! Boston was amazing. I can't wait to venture back.

This is a small portion of 235 final edits*.

Gear used:
5D2
35L
45ts
85L

Enough talk, photo time!

wagac7.jpg
120q90l.jpg
2ccwinn.jpg
ao6gkk.jpg
14lo615.jpg
2mgjpll.jpg
160wsq1.jpg
2lcblvs.jpg
ei413l.jpg
2z8p1ds.jpg
55585e.jpg
iekqdh.jpg
2cmvo5d.jpg
sd056u.jpg
9uvya9.jpg
262b3eu.jpg
2e49phf.jpg
219bddh.jpg
2akkxhy.jpg
263gefr.jpg
dmvhac.jpg
2qcdml5.jpg
2ngas1t.jpg
fjertw.jpg
2bwf38.jpg
feqty1.jpg
sq3txw.jpg
v8n6u0.jpg
2yxfcw8.jpg
e6oplk.jpg
33a5g0y.jpg

:lust,
Pat

*don't worry, there is still a ton more awesome stuff you haven't seen yet!

Comments

• Options
    mud390mud390 Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    I absolutely love the shots. If these were taken for my wife and I know I would be more than happy with them! Excellent work!

Kris
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    Angie and Tim!!

Great shots all around of a great looking couple!!
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    You guys should know I would be the 1st to jump on these! thumb.gif Pat, nice job w/ ________ ! I already knew....I don't want to be the spoiler. SO many are a toss up for favorite....so I plead the 5th. :D Great job you two! clap.gif

*edit* well, I just don't type fast enough I suppose....NOT the first! :D
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2009
    My guess is Lauren -- redleash
    Randy
  • Options
    DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Wow, Nice set! Looks like you threw in some crazy bokeh in post on some of these, but it worked out cool!

And my guess was...Redleash as well!
  • Options
    lyttlevietlyttleviet Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Very nice shots!!! I love the composition.

The only thing that caught my eye was the running with the dog picture. Her ankle looks like it is going to be sore after that position.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    No idea who it is, but then I don't know many faces-behind-the-pictures here.

Pat, I absolutely LOVE your work - I always look forward to one of your threads! This set is no exception and there are so many fantastic shots it's hard to know where to start (and how do you get such amazing natural laughs and expressions? It's brilliant!), but I have to say the non-DOF blurring in some of these makes me feel slightly seasick - my brain can't process which way is up when the blurring is like that! You did'nt number them so it's hard to be specific, but the first shot is an example. Gorgeous but.... my head is spinning..... eek7.gif

Now, who is it? I'm dying to know!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    :hide Haha!! I bet after you've seen my crazy laughs & faces you will never take my comments serious again!! rolleyes1.gif

It was such a fun afternoon. I hope I wasn't your worst nightmare (clientwise). Not sure if there is anything worse than shooting an other photographer headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif But we had an awesome afternoon (despite the weather) and I promise my angle didn't get hurt, Pat just got me in the right moment when Lena all the suddent started pulling like a sled-dog. (Believe it or not, but she broken the leash that day!! eek7.gif Crazy dog, I am still not sure how she did that) rolleyes1.gif

Thanks SO much for posting these iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2009
    Heh thanks so much guys and thank you Angie! :ivar

ps- all of the blurring was done in camera, not post. that's from the 45ts.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    :hide Haha!! I bet after you've seen my crazy laughs & faces you will never take my comments serious again!!

Actually, I was just thinking (as I slobbered over these pictures yet again today) that they demonstrate how the warm, funny and compassionate style you write AND photograph is just... YOU!! iloveyou.gif

I seriously, SERIOUSLY love these pictures. I can't even single any out cuz I love 'em all so much (although the blue filmstrip series and the "walking on her head" shots are pretty darned amazing!) bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow

And your dog is beautiful, too!! wings.gif
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Actually, I was just thinking that they demonstrate how the warm, funny and compassionate style you write AND photograph is just... YOU!! And your dog is beautiful, too!! wings.gif

Haha, yeah right I look just as :crazy as I sound sometimes rolleyes1.gif Haha, thanks divamum iloveyou.gif, Pat did an awesome job ...
  • Options
    foto41foto41 Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    These are truly awesome shots! Were any done with a tilt-shift lens or is the effect post?
    Barry Nichols
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    These are so awesome! It makes me want someone to come take pictures of me, and I really don't like to be on that side of the camera. Lots of energy and personality in these.

Angie- you are so cute! I'm excited for you that you have all the great photos. I mean, how often does that happen when you're the one holding the camera all the time?

Caroline
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Beautiful shots of a beautiful family. Great job of capturing fun, energy and love.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Fantastic photos!! Pat, you did a great job behind the camera, and Angie, you and your husband (and your beautiful dog) did a great job in front of the camera!! Truly inspiring work all 'round!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    that is a superb set. technically perfect and the posing an post processing is just 1st rate. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Oh Pat! Now I want a TS... Does it never end?

(I wanted one before, but that just nails the coffin.)

These are beeeeeautiful! I love the fun! Pat you did amazing! And Angie you are such a cutie!iloveyou.gif

I think these are even better because Angie is a photographer- she had ideas to bring to the table, and knew that it was with the risk she would take in showing her true self that great photos would come. Geez I sound like a philosopher. eek7.gif But these are extra special even for the amazing Furey. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2009
    These are beeeeeautiful! I love the fun! Pat you did amazing! And Angie you are such a cutie!iloveyou.gif

I think these are even better because Angie is a photographer- she had ideas to bring to the table, and knew that it was with the risk she would take in showing her true self that great photos would come. Geez I sound like a philosopher. eek7.gif But these are extra special even for the amazing Furey. clap.gif

... yeah and a little cazzzzyyyyyy .... haha :crazy rolleyes1.gif

I swear I don't make faces like this often rolleyes1.gif I just figured we should have fun with it (and boy, did we!). Not much of a posy girl rolleyes1.gif & glad Pat didn't shoot me after the session and everybody is still alive .... iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Geez I sound like a philosopher. eek7.gif But these are extra special even for the amazing Furey. clap.gif

Conheatherfucious say "Be yourself and yourself you will be! rolleyes1.gif

Great shots....all of them!thumb.gif

but...

Isn't it sorta...cheating... to be taking photos of a hot chick?......I mean....how hard is that?iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

but...

Isn't it sorta...cheating to be taking photos of a hot chick?......I mean....how hard is that?iloveyou.gif

... or ... "you get what you deserve" (funny faces that will be posted in the web) haha ...

Yeah right ... haha ... you're too kind Jeff iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    ... or ... "you get what you deserve" (funny faces that will be posted in the web) haha ...

Yeah right ... haha ... you're too kind Jeff iloveyou.gif
    Hey Angie - guess what I shipped out today? :D
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2009
    Hey Angie - guess what I shipped out today? :D

clap.gifwings.gifcheerleader.gifencorebeer.gif Oh my!! I can't wait!!! :D Thanks Pat!!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Wow amazing series ! !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

but...

Isn't it sorta...cheating... to be taking photos of a hot chick?......I mean....how hard is that?iloveyou.gif

seriously.headscratch.gifclap.gif
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    seriously.headscratch.gifclap.gif

Just teasing Agnieszka....as she routinely teases me....and she obviously...."got it".:D
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Just teasing Agnieszka....as she routinely teases me....and she obviously...."got it".:D

limitation of plain text hehe...I was agreeing with your assessment.
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    This is a very nice series of photos. I would think that all involved would be extremely pleased with them!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Options
    Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    Lots of great shots. I was wondering about the blurring when I first looked at them. First I thought it was just a fast lens with shallow depth of field... then I noticed some where there were obviously things the same distance from the camera that were not both in focus... then I thought, "lensbaby?" but it didn't have the chromatic aberations and circular area of focus of a lensbaby... so finally I figured it was done in post. Then I read the further replies where you mention it was a TS lens. Very interesting... I've never seen examples where one was used for portraits/people shots before and I didn't really realize that it could do such crazy things. I have to say it's a bit much for me on some of them, but on others I really like it.
  • Options
    whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    OMG - jaw is still dropping. :jawdrop
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    All of the shots are spectacular,
    But I really Love the TS shot of the Stata Center, I actually worked on that building during construction, the shot is perfectly complimenting to the radical architecture.