Recent Senior Shoot

CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
edited April 20, 2009 in People
I love this time of year. I would be grateful to hear your thoughts on these.

515414525_PZDvR-L.jpg

515414331_ww8dL-L.jpg

515414665_oQJfc-L.jpg

515414450_FyRdk-L.jpg
Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    I too enjoy high school senior photography...

For C&C

1-The background is the biggest detraction. Aside from the tilt and overall busy-ness of it there is something protruding from her head. Picknik table? I see freckles in #2, but not really seeing them here. For my tastes, the face has been both over smoothed and oversharpened. Her smile here seems genuine and easy as compared to the other three....thats a plus.

2- She is full on straight to the camera. A slight angle might be less "in your face". This one, again by my tastes, has been WAY oversharpened. The smile seems forced, and hard. The background was a much better choice than in #1.

3- This is my favorite of the set. I like the composition much better. Lots of angles, receding lines, and she...her head at least...is framed within the frame. Same smile as #2.

4- This, to me is much too centered....and not centered enough. That is, it is too centered to be casually shot. I think it would work better if it were MORE centered. By that, move her down the car so that she has a wheel on each side of her....weight the background equally on each side....and straighten the camera up. This one also is tilted. I am not totally against a centered...rule breaker...of a composition, but it should be done with PURPOSE and intention.

In general, more variety of facial expressions would be a plus, the last three photos share an identical smile. These are all compositions that I would consider centered. Variety in that regard would be nice also. #3, my favorite finds her head in the center, but her leaning body and the rail car weight the composition to one side...adding much interest.

Okay...theres some C&C, and as always.....room to improve, but....these aren't bad shots and I bet your client will love them!
  • CasonCason Registered Users Posts: 414 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    That is the feedback I've been looking for! Thank you!
    Cason

www.casongarner.com

5D MkII | 30D | 50mm f1.8 II | 85mm f1.8 | 24-70mm f2.8
    L | 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Manfrotto 3021BPRO with 322RC2
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    I really like #2 & #3 :)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Cason wrote:
    That is the feedback I've been looking for! Thank you!

Jeff is the master bowdown.gif hard to argue with what he said ...

You got some really nice photos here, fun set. I really like your processing too, I'm sure she'll love them iloveyou.gif
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    1 & 2 seem a bit oversharpened. I like the playfulness of 3.
    LadyTX