Sherry

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited April 23, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I showed this in People and got a "0" . It flunked People, wanted to see if it would make it as COOL SHOT.....:rofl

517038709_niAKp-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    I showed this in People and got a "0" . It flunked People, wanted to see if it would make it as COOL SHOT.....rolleyes1.gif

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Hi Azzaro ... awww Sherry didn't flunk, people look but don't comment.
    I find it hard to keep up with replying to all the posts myself nod.gif

She looks cool to me, she has a lovely smile,I like her hat, and she has trendy sunnies on too.

I just got a new script pair of sunnies meself :D

Thank you for sharing your friend Sherry's picture Azzaro.

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    I think it looks good. If you wanted to try something. Try burning the top left and right corners a bit and when you do that try burning all three (highlights, midtones and shadows) just a little at a time, set exposure to 5-9% and maybe soften it up a smidge.

Good exposure too…
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Morning Azzaro,

I like the shot, pretty close crop to work with, but I think you've captured the essence of a very pretty lady.

It looks like it could use a little sharpening, especially around her facial features, but that's just me.

I think she'll love it!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Azzaro ... awww Sherry didn't flunk, people look but don't comment.
    I find it hard to keep up with replying to all the posts myself nod.gif

She looks cool to me, she has a lovely smile,I like her hat, and she has trendy sunnies on too.

I just got a new script pair of sunnies meself :D

Thank you for sharing your friend Sherry's picture Azzaro.

Hi Skippy.....Thanks for commenting.....I wasn't upset...The post was kind of tongue in cheek. I don't shoot portraits very often, and when I do they are more like snapshots......besides it wasn't my first 0. :D azzaro
    edited April 21, 2009
    Roadkill wrote:
    I think it looks good. If you wanted to try something. Try burning the top left and right corners a bit and when you do that try burning all three (highlights, midtones and shadows) just a little at a time, set exposure to 5-9% and maybe soften it up a smidge.

Good exposure too…

Hi Roadkill......Thanks for the comment.... I will give it a try........ azzaro
    edited April 21, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Morning Azzaro,

I like the shot, pretty close crop to work with, but I think you've captured the essence of a very pretty lady.

It looks like it could use a little sharpening, especially around her facial features, but that's just me.

I think she'll love it!!

Hi Panther, thanks for commenting.... I think that I need to go back to the raw picture and start over......I just about wore the pixels out changing it...

azzaro
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Howdy Azzaro. I stumbled upon your post in People a little while ago and left some comments (and a bump) thumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited April 22, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Howdy Azzaro. I stumbled upon your post in People a little while ago and left some comments (and a bump) thumb.gif

Hi Jack, thanks for commenting.... I'm never comfortable shooting people and it shows, I think...... GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SENIOR SHOOT..... azzaro
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Azzaro-

Based on your usual shots, I was expecting to see a dusty old bottle of sherry! rolleyes1.gif

This is a wonderful shot! I like the coloring and the composition. I would like to see her whole hat, I think, because the cropped sides and tiny bit at the top sorta bother me. But the subject is the pretty lady and you captured that for sure. Nice job!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited April 23, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Azzaro-

Based on your usual shots, I was expecting to see a dusty old bottle of sherry! rolleyes1.gif

This is a wonderful shot! I like the coloring and the composition. I would like to see her whole hat, I think, because the cropped sides and tiny bit at the top sorta bother me. But the subject is the pretty lady and you captured that for sure. Nice job!

Lauren

Hi Lauren...Thanks for the thoughtful comment....She is very photogenic. The composition would have been better if it had included the bottom of the necklace and stampede strap, That would have solved the to tight of a crop.

You gave me the idea for shooting my socks and now and old bottle of sherry. Sherry drinking sherry..... Keep the ideas coming.rolleyes1.gifazzaro
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Very creditable photo Azzaro. :D
    Michael
    edited April 23, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Very creditable photo Azzaro. :D

Thanks DaddyO....... azzaro