Forgotten Sunset

KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited April 22, 2009 in Landscapes
This was taken in the spring or summer of 2005 when I use to shoot with my Nikon N75/Sigma lens set at 90mm.
I had forgotten about this photo, and then I was looking through several 4x6 prints that I have, then I saw this, and then I looked for it on disc.

Sorry about the cables and transistors. I know they can be distracting, but I couldn't find a better place to stand at the moment, but at least the sun came out pretty good, (no sun or lens flare/glare either). Also, there isn't much of anything to take pictures of around here except for sunsets or sunrises.

3461250732_6e82236255_b.jpg
ʞ1└0

Comments

• KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    ʞ1└0
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Hey Kilo, this looks like it was a beautiful bright sunset. Just looking at this shot makes me think of a peaceful summer evening, or Armageddon lol3.gif

Shots like this have great potential, and I think to get the best of the situation you need to have a compelling shape to the silhouette. The wires don't bother me as much as the amorphous hole created by the trees. If you get a chance to shoot something like this again this year keep an eye peeled for the shapes! The color and light will work all by themselves. :D
  • scrapbookerscrapbooker Banned Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited April 21, 2009
    The light colour background is adding much woo to this photograph. The electric line crossing inside the tree is so clear in this picture.
    edited April 22, 2009
    Thanks!

When it was printed on 4x6 and burned to a disc at WalMart, it didn't look too good. It looked over-exposed. Some think it was them and their technology, I think it was just me not knowing (and still not knowing eek7.gif) how to set the settings in my Nikon N75, (nor my Canon 30D).rolleyes1.gif

I had to edit it a little in Nikon's Capture NX2 to get the color that I saw, not what the camera saw, which all I needed to due was lower the exposure. The original photo's color was about 7 shades lighter. I might print it myself someday on a 4x6 matte or gloss.

Thank again! :-)
    ʞ1└0
    edited April 22, 2009
    Thanks!

When it was printed on 4x6 and burned to a disc at WalMart, it didn't look too good. It looked over-exposed. Some think it was them and their technology, I think it was just me not knowing (and still not knowing eek7.gif) how to set the settings in my Nikon N75, (nor my Canon 30D).rolleyes1.gif

I had to edit it a little in Nikon's Capture NX2 to get the color that I saw, not what the camera saw, which all I needed to due was lowe the exposure some. The original photo's color was about 7 shades lighter. I might print it myself sometime on a 4x6 matte or gloss.

Thank again! :-)
    ʞ1└0