Newborn in cocoon

My3SonsMy3Sons Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
edited April 21, 2009 in People
Got to play around with a new photography prop recently...

1. Had some fun with this one in Photoshop, although the original is also available for the parents as well.
515588907_G4XWp-L-4.jpg

2. This will be a little purple/bluish if your monitor is not calibrated
506320312_HPeA2-L-5.jpg

507822308_ETEs4-L-3.jpg

4. I love this one of baby and big brother, although I wish a little more of big bro's chin was showing. I kept trying to fix it, but he looked uncofortable every other way I tried.
513653337_oX8Px-L.jpg

I have been working on 2 different computers lately, and have noticed that these appear a little on the blue side on my husbands uncalibrated monitor. On mine they look great. I chose to make them look best on the calibrated monitor since the view on that computer is the closest to the actual print colors. Does anyone else have this problem?

-Melissa
www.naturalphotography.smugmug.com

Comments

• blaser321blaser321 Registered Users Posts: 201 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    great set love all

On my calibrated monitor may be a very slight tint of blue but it looks ok
    5D mark II, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8 L IS
    EF 2.0x II extender BG-E6
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Simply adorable!

I've had several requests for newborn shoots lately, and clients are requesting things like the cocoon. Where would I find something similar, or are you making them? Thanks in advance!
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    I agree, those are adorable. iloveyou.gif And the elbow in the last one doesn't even bother me that much .... I think it's a very nice photo clap.gif I think #3 is my favorite iloveyou.gif
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Absolutely adorable!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • My3SonsMy3Sons Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    pwp wrote:
    Simply adorable!

I've had several requests for newborn shoots lately, and clients are requesting things like the cocoon. Where would I find something similar, or are you making them? Thanks in advance!

www.etsy.com Do a search for knit cocoon. There are so many different people making them on this site. I got mine from knitsbyknittinmama. I have several new styles from another vendor due to arrive any day now. You can find awesome knit hats here too.
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Thank you!!

I'm sure I could *try* to knit them myself, but I'd rather leave it to the pros.
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!