Some practice shots from the Tulip Festival in Oregon:

tulip1900.jpg

tulip2900.jpg

tulip3900.jpg

tulip4900.jpg

tulip5900.jpg

hotair1.jpg

hotair3900.jpg

I'll have to go back with more time and better lighting. I arrived a bit late and the light was already a bit harsh.

Best,

Nacho :smile:
Exposure Latitude(s).com
"The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho

Comments

• coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Those are beautiful! I can't really pick a favorite.

I was there this weekend too, but I was there in the middle of the day which is absolutely the worst time for landscape photos (but good for backlit macro shots especially considering how sunny it was).

Just curious - as it was my first time there - are you allowed to get on the fields at sunrise and sunset? It looked like the hours were 9AM-6PM. What time were these shots taken?

Looking forward to the rest of the upcoming series. The blooms are just starting up in Skagit Valley (about 90 minutes north of Seattle). Unfortunately there are no "mix" fields like the one in Woodburn, but you can get on the fields pretty easily and if you're there at sunrise you won't have any photographer competition :D
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Gorgeous set of images! I really like the dew-covered tulips in the first couple shots, even though it can be barely made out at web resolution. Very nice stuff.
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    A Few More
    Ron, D, thanks for the kind words. The place was beautiful indeed, and there were quite a few photographers, which made it a bit difficult to take some shots (many people in the way).

Ron, even though it says 9-6pm, I showed up around 6am and just drove right in. There were already upwards of 20 photographers there! Apparently, the organizers just let photographers come in (either that or I inadvertently just walked in and blended with a special group or something).

I would have preferred being there earlier. The sun behind the mountain (if it is a clear day) makes for a nice shot, but when it comes out things start getting harsher for the bright flowers. I have not being there late in the day, although I have, like you stopped by mid-day.

Here are three more:

tulip6900.jpg

tulip7900.jpg

tulip8900.jpg

Thanks again!

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Beautiful, colorful, happy photos!
  • jaminphotojaminphoto Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    beautiful shots. the one with air balloon is especially nice.

--ricardo
    edited April 21, 2009
    Thanks
    Thanks again folks, I appreciate the kind words about the shots. Ron, I hope to return this coming Saturday, early in the morning. Say about 5:30am. I'll post again with whatever comes out of that shoot.

Thanks!

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Absolutely amazing photos. They are all just sensational!! If I had to pick favorites it would be #1 and #2, but all are great!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Is this Nacho's work? For real? J/k, but seriously I am so impressed at how far you've come since you first started posting on Dgrin. I would never think that these shots were from the same person. Absolutely fantastic captures and you certainly show a mastery of color as well as b/w!! bowdown.gif
    edited April 22, 2009
    Schmoo rolleyes1.gif Thanks! Yes, things have changed, and I continue on this path growing and learning and having fun everytime. I don't think I have the same artistic imagination I had as a young man with film, but the changes and growth have been most welcome! : ) Thanks!
    N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009