It is HOT!

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited April 24, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
It's officially hot...so we went fishing.
517669936_8k7py-XL.jpg

The Lake and the Desert:
517106327_4r9DS-XL.jpg

Going up toward the river we see a few birds:
517103740_PNjW3-XL.jpg

We got into some bees, I get stung and we get out of there; back on the lake. I'm in pain so I lay down in the boat. Interesting perspective from here:
517105941_tacPJ-XL.jpg

Finally, he gets to fish:
517101571_sRUor-L.jpg
Peace -
517100378_BMh6B-L.jpg

Comments

• 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    I like em clap.gif especially, 2,5-6. is that a filter your using for the lavendar/violet or PP.
    Devin
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited April 21, 2009
    Nice shots. The last one is really cool! thumb.gif

I'm curious about the purple color casts as well.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    00SS wrote:
    I like em clap.gif especially, 2,5-6. is that a filter your using for the lavendar/violet or PP.

Thank you. No filter on the camera.
    edited April 22, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Nice shots. The last one is really cool! thumb.gif

I'm curious about the purple color casts as well.

Cheers,
    -joel
    I didn't think I was seeing much of a purple color cast. So, I took off the calibrated color and brought the the sunset picture up without calibrated color. It was significantly bluer. I then noticed the purple cast but it is slight on this monitor. In camera; Vivid, +2 saturation, no filter used on the lens. PP I did a black control point to bring out his silhouette a little more.

Is it too purple?

Thanks much!
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    very nice series.....thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif...especially the last one, I really like the shooting star.......but I also see what looks like a somewhat dirty sensor.....around the fishermans head is a group of several blak dots that may be dirt on the sensor.....or could be UFO's with all lights turned off.............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited April 22, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    very nice series.....thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif...especially the last one, I really like the shooting star.......but I also see what looks like a somewhat dirty sensor.....around the fishermans head is a group of several blak dots that may be dirt on the sensor.....or could be UFO's with all lights turned off.............

Thank you for the comments. I did see the dirt spots right after I uploaded the photo and have cleaned them up. It does not take long for me to get dirt in the camera in the deserts being so arid here! I wish they were UFO's; it would be less hassle! :D
  • KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    I'd say #2 is where saturated meets parched, Good job. Nice Muench star!
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    Hi Eia......Nice set of pictures....I really like the last one...

I have had some color cast problems like you have, mostly in the shadows.. It seems you are having the same problem.... Go to this site, it may explain the cause... http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/fixing-dynamic-range.htm

According to the article RGB channels are independent and when one is clipping the others are still recording just fine, causing the problem...

I am going to return my camera to default settings and use my computer to get the saturation I want.... azzaro
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    Great set Eia. clap.gif I'm jealous of your water, but not the bees. You are lucky you got away from them. They can be relentless. Where did you go?
    edited April 22, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Eia......Nice set of pictures....I really like the last one...

I have had some color cast problems like you have, mostly in the shadows.. It seems you are having the same problem.... Go to this site, it may explain the cause... http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/fixing-dynamic-range.htm

According to the article RGB channels are independent and when one is clipping the others are still recording just fine, causing the problem...

I am going to return my camera to default settings and use my computer to get the saturation I want.... azzaro

Thanks AZZ. I will plan to read this.
    edited April 22, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Great set Eia. clap.gif I'm jealous of your water, but not the bees. You are lucky you got away from them. They can be relentless. Where did you go?
    Water is a precious thing for us isn't it? We went to Bartlett Lake. The water is still cold but the air is HOT! Summer is here! It still amazes me too see cactus on the water's edge.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    It's officially hot...so we went fishing.
    The Lake and the Desert:

Going up toward the river we see a few birds:

We got into some bees, I get stung and we get out of there; back on the lake. I'm in pain so I lay down in the boat. Interesting perspective from here:
    Finally, he gets to fish:

Peace -

But...but where's all the fish???

Looks a beautiful location, I loved fishing when we were kids.
    Hmmmm the last time I went out in a boat was with my younger brother,
    I got seasick and the fish got to eat my lunch, but not before I ate it first, they got to eat it the second time around :puke
    .... waste of a good sandwhich I tell you rolleyes1.gif

Sorry to hear you got stung, picked a really nice place to go fishing.
    Thanks for sharing... thumb.gif ..... Skippy :D

Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    I enjoyed this series and the storytelling. That last shot is superb!!! thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif

Glad you have some water to get away from the heat. We're having summer temps this week also, but all our rivers are nearly dried up and the lakes are way down.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited April 23, 2009
    Thanks Skippy & RL. I have fed the fish a time or two. This lake was totally full; pretty rare. I hope you guys get water in the lakes and rivers soon!

Thanks for the comments. The last one summed up the day nicely.
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    I didn't think I was seeing much of a purple color cast. So, I took off the calibrated color and brought the the sunset picture up without calibrated color. It was significantly bluer. I then noticed the purple cast but it is slight on this monitor. In camera; Vivid, +2 saturation, no filter used on the lens. PP I did a black control point to bring out his silhouette a little more.

Is it too purple?

Thanks much!

I'm not following you here. Are you saying that you don't see a purple cast to these images? Or have you processed them to bring out the purple cast?
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    edited April 23, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    I'm not following you here. Are you saying that you don't see a purple cast to these images? Or have you processed them to bring out the purple cast?

I saw a very slight purple cast. So, I took off the profile for the calibration. The picture then had a blue cast. I put the profile back on and it was then that I saw the difference; a slight purple cast. I did not pp the purple cast on to the picture. Since I am not seeing very much of a purple cast I am wondering if it looks too purple on other monitors. On mine, it does not look overly purple.headscratch.gif Whew...confusing... I did at a touch of warmth and I am wondering if that did it.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    I saw a very slight purple cast. So, I took off the profile for the calibration. The picture then had a blue cast. I put the profile back on and it was then that I saw the difference; a slight purple cast. I did not pp the purple cast on to the picture. Since I am not seeing very much of a purple cast I am wondering if it looks too purple on other monitors. On mine, it does not look overly purple.headscratch.gif Whew...confusing... I did at a touch of warmth and I am wondering if that did it.

1,2,4 and 5 clearly have a purple/violet cast on my calibrated monitor. I still like the images, but they do have a cast.:D

Dan
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    1,2,4 and 5 clearly have a purple/violet cast on my calibrated monitor. I still like the images, but they do have a cast.:D

Dan

Yeah, I like the images, too. That's why the purple/violet casts concerns me. It's very noticeable on my calibrated monitor. Very.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    edited April 23, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Yeah, I like the images, too. That's why the purple/violet casts concerns me. It's very noticeable on my calibrated monitor. Very.

Hmmm...I got a Vista machine about two months ago. I had to download the Spyder2 driver for the 64 bit Vista. After that I noticed that the pictures were looking different, mostly with a bluish cast but they looked ok when I pulled it up thru NX. I have re calibrated several times. Well, something else I gotta check.... thanks much!!!!!!
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Well seen and done. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif So very nice.
    Michael
    edited April 24, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Well seen and done. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif So very nice.

I appreciate your comments; thank you!