Random shots from the plaza in Santa Fe

kengladekenglade Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
edited April 22, 2009 in People
These were made while just walking aroun d with my camera ... no theme except diversity. C&C, advice sought

517073571_QGroD-M.jpg

517074454_FD5GB-M.jpg

517075442_3VW8o-M.jpg

517075028_BrcBB-M.jpg

517074887_SPU2Y-M.jpg

517074756_YSStz-M.jpg

517076700_5vVDU-M.jpg

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 22, 2009
    Some nice shots. I like the ones where you capture the people...sometimes you can almost dive into their souls...like reading a novel without the words!...mwink.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    OK, you asked for it :D

Generally, these are nice. There are some small things that can be addressed next time to make them much better.

Number your photos - makes it easier to comment
    1. Watch your focus and background
    2. Nice couple. His head is centered in the shot. They are too close to the left edge of the image, they have no where to walk. And, you cut off their feet at the ankles. Generally speaking it's better not to crop through a joint.
    3. This is much better. We have the whole tunnel thing going. Things to watch for here
      • get your horizon straight - the overhang should not be level, but the posts and the doorway at the end probably should be.
      • What are the couple closest to the camera looking at. Would be nice to include that in the shot if possible.
    4. Ah ... those chili restras bring back memories - I used to live in Albquerque.
    5. Nice shot (love how dad is looking back to see what mom is doing!) and can probably be cropped to make it better. Would have even better if mom's feet hadn't been cut off. Level the horizon.
    6. You cut off her feet - would be very cool to see her on tip-toes here! Really like how you were able to capture some light under the brim of her hat.
    7. Not seeing anything in this one to keep my attention.