Options

batch watermarks

trihokietrihokie Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited April 21, 2009 in Finishing School
I have available Photoshop and Lightroom and I was wondering if there was any way to create an action that would allow me to insert a logo (watermark) to an entire folder. I know that I can drag an image into another image and merge them, but I would like to be able to do it to 500 photos and let the computer do all the work.
Thanks

Hokies Rule!
www.trihokie.com

Comments

• Options
    TizianoTiziano Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    I haven't found the need to watermark, yet, but can't LR2 do that on export? When I get back to my Mac I'll check (unless others beat me to it).
    A Nikon D90 plus some Nikon, Sigma & Tokina lenses.
  • Options
    Thunder RabbitThunder Rabbit Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Howdy.

Yes, Lightroom will watermark your photos on export. It's near the bottom of the export dialog box. It works great if your images are medium sized, but it doesn't scale. On larger images it comes out way too small. Try it, it may be perfect for the size of image you're exporting. Make sure you have copyright data in your metadata first.

And yes, you can make a watermark action in PS. I use mine on all my Smug Mug exports. You can also add a frame and drop shadow or inner shadow while you're at it.
    Peace,
    Lee

Thunder Rabbit GRFX
    www.thunderrabbitgrfx.com
  • Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Tiziano wrote:
    I haven't found the need to watermark, yet, but can't LR2 do that on export? When I get back to my Mac I'll check (unless others beat me to it).

Hi - I've been using LR + LR/Mogrify (http://timothyarmes.com/lrmogrify.php) to add watermarks when I export files out of LR.

I use this in combination with the LR Smugmug export plug-in and it works like a charm.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2009
    Let me clarify. I used the word "watermark" because I thought many of you would be familiar with that type of procedure.
    I have been contacted by a local running retail store to shoot finish line photos at each of their running series races. They want their logo on all of the finish line photos. I have been batch processing text (race name and date) on the finish line photos but I am stumped when it comes to batch processing a logo. The early procedures that I experimented with involved dragging another image file onto each finish line photo, and the batch process stopped after each image. Recently, I have been experimenting with defining the logo as a pattern and including the pattern in the batch process.
    Thanks for any advice or tips on this matter.

Hokies Rule!
    www.trihokie.com
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    http://www.dpchallenge.com/tutorial.php?TUTORIAL_ID=64

Simply use the action in photoshop Automate>batch
  • Options
    Thunder RabbitThunder Rabbit Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    Howdy.

Silly us. When you said "watermark", we thought you meant watermark.

To paste a logo into your image via an action, do this:

1. Copy the logo onto your clipboard.

2. Create action:

A. Paste
    B. Transform (if necessary)
    C. Move into correct position.
    D. Flatten
    E. Save
    F. Close

3. You're done.

This action will paste any image on your clipboard into your image.
    Peace,
    Lee

Thunder Rabbit GRFX
    www.thunderrabbitgrfx.com
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2009
    Thunder Rabbit,
    Your technique is soooo simple! That is exactly what I was looking for. You hit that one out of the park.
    Thanks!

Hokies Rule!
    www.trihokie.com