3 Panos..... Brooklyn bridge, the red tree, and the lake.

cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
edited April 27, 2009 in Landscapes
434213849_2zbAm-L-1.jpg

518163352_MzdvQ-L-2.jpg

518178550_q48wd-L.jpg

Last fall photos.... let me know what you think.

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    All 3 are well done....my favs are 1 / 3......2 being good but wasn't sure which red tree was the subject and also what are the blue and green stripes behind and left of the middle red tree??? Definitely look outa place.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited April 22, 2009
    These are great! I'm favoring 1 and 3 the most. Great job on these.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    All 3 are well done....my favs are 1 / 3......2 being good but wasn't sure which red tree was the subject and also what are the blue and green stripes behind and left of the middle red tree??? Definitely look outa place.

Thanks, on number 2 thats lens flare. I was wondering if that would bother people enough to ruin the image. The red tree I was referring to is the one the road leads to.
    edited April 22, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    These are great! I'm favoring 1 and 3 the most. Great job on these.

Cheers,
    -joel

Thanks Joel!
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    Wow, beautiful. I especially like the last one. Was that at sunset or sunrise?
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    I like 1 and 3 best also. I like 2 for the colors and the curve of the land, but I do find the lens flare distracting. Very nice job processing the panos!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited April 22, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Wow, beautiful. I especially like the last one. Was that at sunset or sunrise?

Thanks, this was a sunset..

I had both my 4 and 2 year old on the beach when I shot this, luckily only one went swiming:D
    edited April 22, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I like 1 and 3 best also. I like 2 for the colors and the curve of the land, but I do find the lens flare distracting. Very nice job processing the panos!

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe i'll try and clone some of it out.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    Really like the third shot.
    edited April 22, 2009
    To clarify: I am distracted by the green and blue striped flare and the sunspot just to the left of that. I like the sun star quite a lot! :D

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited April 22, 2009
    Tee Why wrote:
    Really like the third shot.

I appreciate it thanks, Thats my favorite one to I think.
    edited April 22, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    To clarify: I am distracted by the green and blue striped flare and the sunspot just to the left of that. I like the sun star quite a lot! :D

Yeah I figured thats what you were talking about, Thanks for clarifying though!
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    I really like #3. My nit is the trees on the right edge. If you cannot expand the pano further to the right, I would crop it just prior to the trees. The current pano edge clips the trees and to me, it's distracting and jumbles the overall flow. Perfect otherwise! :D
  • JaravissJaraviss Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    cj99si wrote:
    518178550_q48wd-L.jpg

this is amazing....it is soooo vivid...
    I love it...sorry i don't have a photographer's "C&C technique" but i dig it.

-G
    equipment:
    canon rebel XTi
    18-55mm lens
    60mm macro lens
    75-300mm telephoto lens
    canon speelite 580 EXII
    edited April 23, 2009
    scole wrote:
    I really like #3. My nit is the trees on the right edge. If you cannot expand the pano further to the right, I would crop it just prior to the trees. The current pano edge clips the trees and to me, it's distracting and jumbles the overall flow. Perfect otherwise! :D

Thanks for the feedback. When I first did some cropping I tired that and didnt like it. The original intent was to have more of the trees to the right, but it didnt work out. I like the way the two sets of trees frame the photo even if its just a little on the right. I might just have stared at it to long thoughne_nau.gif try dragging your browser window over to crop out the trees. Still the same thoughts?
    edited April 23, 2009
    Jaraviss wrote:
    this is amazing....it is soooo vivid...
    I love it...sorry i don't have a photographer's "C&C technique" but i dig it.

-G

Thanks for taking the time. This is a great "C&C" you said "amazing, vivid, love, and that you dug it" :D

Glad you liked it, I hope it looks good printed as well.
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    cj99si wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback. When I first did some cropping I tired that and didnt like it. The original intent was to have more of the trees to the right, but it didnt work out. I like the way the two sets of trees frame the photo even if its just a little on the right. I might just have stared at it to long thoughne_nau.gif try dragging your browser window over to crop out the trees. Still the same thoughts?

I don't mind it that much but I think you are correct that the trees help define the composition better. Oh well. I'm guilty of making that mistake with some of my panos!
    edited April 24, 2009
    I looked at #3 again when I went back to this thread. It really struck me this morning how beautiful a shot it is--lovely colors and very dynamic sky that adds a lot to the composition, IMO. As for the trees on the right, I would keep them. I looked at cropped and to me it loses some balance without them.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited April 25, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I looked at #3 again when I went back to this thread. It really struck me this morning how beautiful a shot it is--lovely colors and very dynamic sky that adds a lot to the composition, IMO. As for the trees on the right, I would keep them. I looked at cropped and to me it loses some balance without them.

Thanks I really appreciate that! I sent away for some 14X6's of it I hope it prints well. Its my favorite spot to shoot all these are from there as well.

232417296_Saggr-L-1.jpg

243626002_PoHPm-L-1.jpg

232421803_pJn82-L-1.jpg

232422374_RnHKV-L-1.jpg
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    Corey,

I liked the third shot the best in your original post but these last 4 are awesome!! Great feel and color in #2 and #3 but I'd have to say the B&W's are my favorites!
    edited April 26, 2009
    I want to live in #3!! It's my dream, to live on a lake where I can canoe in the early morning!!
    iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited April 27, 2009
    grimace wrote:
    Corey,

I liked the third shot the best in your original post but these last 4 are awesome!! Great feel and color in #2 and #3 but I'd have to say the B&W's are my favorites!

Thanks Adam, those old stumps beg for B&W. I'm glad you like them!
    edited April 27, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I want to live in #3!! It's my dream, to live on a lake where I can canoe in the early morning!!
    iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif

You would like this place for sure then! This part of the lake is always calm and theres a lot of little islands to cruise around. You should come back to Maine in the summer, its way better than winter. It was in the 80s this weekend!
    edited April 27, 2009
    I will be back in Maine in Oct for the Shootout. If I can swing another visit this summer, you can bet I will!! Maybe we could meet up for a photo outing. I tried to meet up with photopaddler on my last trip but it didn't work out.

I keep looking at this shot--I may have to buy one for my house!

Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com