Cottesloe Beach, Perth. New to pano...

FatFrogFotographyFatFrogFotography Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
edited April 23, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi all, C&C most welcome on these images. They were shot handheld with my 30D and stitched using Hugin. Mild contrast and saturation work and sharpening done in CS3. Both images were stitched from about 7 files.

513416192_jvKnh-XL.jpg

513415591_69e5o-XL.jpg

Larger views available at: http://fatfrogfotography.smugmug.com/Landscapes

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Lovely work, successful panos, impresive hand held. They capture the pleasantness of the beach spot. Sky maybe a touch oversaturated. More white in the clouds?
    Pity you couldn't have removed that safety wrap from around the work area. Guess the Council wouldn't have sympathised with your photographic needs. :D
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • FatFrogFotographyFatFrogFotography Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    Lovely work, successful panos, impresive hand held. They capture the pleasantness of the beach spot. Sky maybe a touch oversaturated. More white in the clouds?
    Pity you couldn't have removed that safety wrap from around the work area. Guess the Council wouldn't have sympathised with your photographic needs. :D

Given how long it probably would have taken most stereotypical council workers to put that stuff up...I don't think they'd have been too keen to take it down just for me rolleyes1.gif

You're right, the sky is probably a bit over-saturated on the right of the second picture. Did you mean to have more white in the clouds or less? There was a storm front rolling in so there wasn't a whole lot of white cloud around at the time.

Thanks for the comments

Chris
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited April 23, 2009
    I think these are great, processing and all. thumb.gif

The plastic wrap could be easily cloned out if you were so inclined.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • FatFrogFotographyFatFrogFotography Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    I think these are great, processing and all. thumb.gif

The plastic wrap could be easily cloned out if you were so inclined.

Cheers,
    -joel

Thanks for the feedback.

I wasn't that phased about the safety barriers...I actually thought they help to add more interesting detail to the shot. mwink.gif