Little Snail

polyyapolyya Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited April 23, 2009 in Holy Macro
snail.jpg

I´m new using macro, this is not really a good shot, it hasn´t depth of field because i shooted it with a really short aperture of 4,5 on a 60mm micro. This is not the best lens for macro i´ll prefer a 105 or the 200 but not now. I use to think i´m not doing the thing properly and thats the matter because i don´t reach the expected results. Maybe with a tripod and an fstop of 11 or higher i´ll get better results but i really don´t know. If someone can expalin me a couple of thing i´ll be very grated. Please don´t hesitate to post any comments you think will help me with this. Thank you in advise.

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Hi - pretty good for a macro newbie.
    The only criticism I would make of the shot is the shooting angle - snails look better shot either side on or head on. Assuming you are using flash set the camera to manual mode ISO100 or 200, F11, 1/200th with the pop up flash up. If you are shooting with natural light then Aperture or shutter priority mode and try to keep the shutter speed around 1/200th and aperture around F8 or smaller using the ISO .

Brian V.