#24 Whats your guess?....

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited April 27, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok....I will be probably a few more on this thread but I am emulating only one photographer. You get to guess what phographer flavor these images have. If you succeed...then I have succeeded.

Now I will give you one hint. HE IS A DGRINNER.

Now my image....
1. UPSIE DAISY!
518491081_UETkm-L-1.jpg

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    Dont Know
    I am too new to digital grin to know who this is emulating, but I just had to say this is one awesome photograph..wow..clap.gif

Kat
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    I've seen Shatch play with perspective in this way.
  • mpflies2mpflies2 Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    Ok....I will be probably a few more on this thread but I am emulating only one photographer. You get to guess what phographer flavor these images have. If you succeed...then I have succeeded.

Now I will give you one hint. HE IS A DGRINNER.

Now my image....
    1. UPSIE DAISY!
    518491081_UETkm-L-1.jpg

I'm not entirely sure, but the way the focus switches from very sharp to very soft in the pants area, and the fact that the doll and the majority of the girl are in focus, I'd say you may have done some blending of multiple photos? I'm probably wrong, but was my initial guess. The doll could be photoshopped completely into the photo....just some thoughts

Oh, I also think her feet look a little big and un-proportional...food for thought

Marc
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 22, 2009
    Halite wrote:
    I've seen Shatch play with perspective in this way.

SUPER GUESS!! Yes!!wings.gif I have accomplished my goal in one photo! He has been my mentor since I have joined this group! Thats why I miss him when he is not here.
    edited April 22, 2009
    mpflies2 wrote:
    I'm not entirely sure, but the way the focus switches from very sharp to very soft in the pants area, and the fact that the doll and the majority of the girl are in focus, I'd say you may have done some blending of multiple photos? I'm probably wrong, but was my initial guess. The doll could be photoshopped completely into the photo....just some thoughts

Oh, I also think her feet look a little big and un-proportional...food for thought

Marc

Actually your correct on a few things. This is two images...the doll was taken in focus and the girl and background was out of focus...then a picture just the opposite...the girl in focus and the doll out of focused. I layered them and removed the background where needed on one of the layers.
    As for her feet. She is considered in this world as a "little person". Her feet are actually that size. She is 10 years old although looks much younger. The ones I got of her with her shoes off....her feet even look bigger because then there is not justification that maybe it the shoes and not the feet.
    This is why I refer to her as my Lil One!thumb.gif
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    SUPER GUESS!! Yes!!wings.gif I have accomplished my goal in one photo! He has been my mentor since I have joined this group! Thats why I miss him when he is not here.

Nice! clap.gif

Great guy to emulate--very creative. Wish he'd stop being so busy elsewhere so we could continue to enjoy his work here.
    edited April 22, 2009
    For those who do not know Shatch's work...you can find it HERE.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    For those who do not know Shatch's work...you can find it HERE.

I'm also too new to digital grin to know Shatch's... - I see that his work is really fantastic.

Your photo though is one of those that I cannot stop looking at - Wow - really something special :jawdrop
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • mpflies2mpflies2 Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    Actually your correct on a few things. This is two images...the doll was taken in focus and the girl and background was out of focus...then a picture just the opposite...the girl in focus and the doll out of focused. I layered them and removed the background where needed on one of the layers.
    As for her feet. She is considered in this world as a "little person". Her feet are actually that size. She is 10 years old although looks much younger. The ones I got of her with her shoes off....her feet even look bigger because then there is not justification that maybe it the shoes and not the feet.
    This is why I refer to her as my Lil One!thumb.gif

I guess I'm getting better at post processing by being able to break down others images into how they were done...lol. The feet thing makes more sense now. Nice photo nonetheless!

Marc
    edited April 23, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    I'm also too new to digital grin to know Shatch's... - I see that his work is really fantastic.

Your photo though is one of those that I cannot stop looking at - Wow - really something special :jawdrop
    Thank you Tatianna and Marc.
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    I have to agree with photo-bug
    it is a great shot - one that I keep coming back to look at.
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    wow, this image is addicting.
    I see that you did enter it and I bet Steven would be tickled.
    Nice work.

g

I sure miss him.