Self-Portrait

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited April 24, 2009 in People
Took this last night to practice Dragan's technique of post processing. I'm still not close to the look of his work but I kind of like the way it turned out.

519548256_fmRyn-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    Here is another attempt.

518613362_xWnQn-XL.jpg

My Smug Site
  • boulderNardoboulderNardo Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Love the postprocessing! Mind sharing what "Dragan's" technique is, how it's supposed to look like, and a link to a tutorial maybe? THANKS!!!
    Canon 1D MkII, Canon 17-40 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 50 f/1.4, Canon 100 f/2
    Bogen 055XPROB
    Elinchrom Ranger RX Speed AS, FreeLite A, Skyports, 3x Vivitar 285HV
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Love the post processing! Mind sharing what "Dragan's" technique is, how it's supposed to look like, and a link to a tutorial maybe? THANKS!!!

I like the post processing too. But on number one your forehead appears to have a C above your right eye...is that intentional?
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Great self-ports. #1 rocks - engaging in an almost sinister way. #2 is good but not sure if I like the pose that much. Post-processing looks awesome.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2009
    Thanks guys. I am trying to mimic the feel of Andrzej Dragan's very moody and dark post processing. I started off just trying different curve adjustements and such but then I ran across a photoshop action by Sharon Lee Core which can be downloaded here.

It makes the process much simpler. You will have to play around a bit with since there are several steps that will require a bit of trial and error until you find the look you like.

Here is another I just did but bump the process up a few notches:

519542831_F56xL-XL.jpg

And how's this for sinister??

518238398_7PUkz-L.jpg

My Smug Site