Poppies

GarrettGarrett Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited April 22, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Shot in the Tuscany region of Italy. Living in Montana I don't see poppies much, so this was a treat. I'm not sure about the crop, but I like the scene. C&C welcome.

491337524_nEAr9-XL.jpg

Comments

• budman101budman101 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    Lucky you, I have wanted to go to Italy forever. I know you had a fantastic time! If you can crop a bit more on the flowers and use a gradient filter to draw a bit more attention to the foreground that would improve an already great shot.
    www.joemallis.com
    "Most time its not the gear that makes the shot"
  • GarrettGarrett Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    budman101 wrote:
    If you can crop a bit more on the flowers and use a gradient filter to draw a bit more attention to the foreground that would improve an already great shot.
    Thanks for your input. Can you expand on "crop a bit more on the flowers"? Do you mean take out the sky? Or crop more of the left and right? I like the idea of a gradient filter.

And yes I did have a great time. I don't get out of the US much, but everytime I do it's an amazing experience. It's great to see that not everyone in the world operates like we do. I find it to be humbling and eye opening. I think I'd love to spend an extended period of time living in another country or two at some point in my life. A chance to really embrace a different way of life.