Hazel

photobanksphotobanks Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
edited April 23, 2009 in People
Here are a few from my shoot with Hazel... stunning model from my area.
518629795_AkpiA-M-1.jpg

518631353_XcY6U-M.jpg

518632557_e3UZE-M.jpg

518634894_BrPX7-M.jpg

518640239_rCWZU-M.jpg

518647147_5rWW5-M.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Michael
Michael Banks

www.banksy.me.uk - main website
http://galleries.banksy.me.uk - smugmug site

Comments

• budman101budman101 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    Very pretty model. Were you doing this as 'head shots' for her (and your) portfolio? If so please take this from someone that finds it difficult to get people shots right......The shadows from her hair don't do her face justice. The branch in #2 needs to be cloned out. Also I find her lipstick and eyeshadow clash with the dress in the last shot. If you take her out again you should use a flash to open up her face.
    www.joemallis.com
    "Most time its not the gear that makes the shot"
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    The only real problem I see with these is that her face is in shadow in each of them. Now, the fact that you positioned her with the sun to her back is a good thing, as harsh sunlight on her face wouldn't have looked good either, and the sun also makes a good rim light when coming from behind. However, I think your results would have been really great if you had filled in her face either with a reflector or some fill flash. You can probably still dodge the face in photoshop on these and make some big improvement though as it's not extremely dark. But a little fill on the face would have made it just pop beautifully. Again, I really like these except for that (rather important IMO) detail.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    The only real problem I see with these is that her face is in shadow in each of them. Now, the fact that you positioned her with the sun to her back is a good thing, as harsh sunlight on her face wouldn't have looked good either, and the sun also makes a good rim light when coming from behind. However, I think your results would have been really great if you had filled in her face either with a reflector or some fill flash. You can probably still dodge the face in photoshop on these and make some big improvement though as it's not extremely dark. But a little fill on the face would have made it just pop beautifully. Again, I really like these except for that (rather important IMO) detail.
    +1 15524779-Ti.gif
    Lovely model, great outdoors, nice shooting - just need a bit more fill light...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"