Options

sales

EEBEEB Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited April 25, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just signed up for a Pro account this past Saturday. I just had an order from an event I shot this past weekend. When I view the order, it shows the photo that was purchased. Beside the photo, it says crop(yes-no) and color correction(yes-no) This is where I'm confused. It looks like the buyer made the crop change for the 4x6 they purchased. Do I only select yes if I make a crop change? Same thing with the color correction? Do I only select yes if I made a color correction and then replace the photo?

I am having Bay Photo do the color correction and printing. One other thing I noticed after the order was placed. I went in to check the pricing for the gallery and took notice that the color correction box wasn't checked. I thought I had it checked last night when I set the prices. I checked it again and saved it. If it wasn't checked last night. I guess the order I just received won't get color corrected once I send the order to Bay Photo. I'm pretty sure though that the pricing it showed me on the order was for getting color corrected.

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2009
    EEB wrote:
    I just signed up for a Pro account this past Saturday. I just had an order from an event I shot this past weekend. When I view the order, it shows the photo that was purchased. Beside the photo, it says crop(yes-no) and color correction(yes-no) This is where I'm confused. It looks like the buyer made the crop change for the 4x6 they purchased. Do I only select yes if I make a crop change? Same thing with the color correction? Do I only select yes if I made a color correction and then replace the photo?

I am having Bay Photo do the color correction and printing. One other thing I noticed after the order was placed. I went in to check the pricing for the gallery and took notice that the color correction box wasn't checked. I thought I had it checked last night when I set the prices. I checked it again and saved it. If it wasn't checked last night. I guess the order I just received won't get color corrected once I send the order to Bay Photo. I'm pretty sure though that the pricing it showed me on the order was for getting color corrected.
    Hi :)

You can replace the image with your edited version, then adjust the color correction if needed.

You can reupload exact same file size and resolution, with color changes. Or, you can also reupload a new photo with much higher resolution if you wish. You must then see the new crop lines on the newly replaced photo, the crop would be off, so you MUST go to "adjust crop" and crop back to taste.
    http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Proof+Delay

What's nice about the 'proof delay' feature, is if one of your customers does a 'bad' crop in the shopping cart, you can 'fix' it for them. :)

Could you send us the order number? We'll check to make sure it gets done with color corection if this how you want to print.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Send attn: richW
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2009
    richW wrote:
    Hi :)

You can replace the image with your edited version, then adjust the color correction if needed.

You can reupload exact same file size and resolution, with color changes. Or, you can also reupload a new photo with much higher resolution if you wish. You must then see the new crop lines on the newly replaced photo, the crop would be off, so you MUST go to "adjust crop" and crop back to taste.
    http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Proof+Delay

What's nice about the 'proof delay' feature, is if one of your customers does a 'bad' crop in the shopping cart, you can 'fix' it for them. :)

Could you send us the order number? We'll check to make sure it gets done with color corection if this how you want to print.

Send attn: richW

Thanks for the reply

I plan on replacing the photo with an edited one and slight crop. With the color correction, what all gets adjusted? Bay Photo it's done by hand, not auto?

After I edit the photo, then soft proof with Bay's ICC profile. The photo doesnt look quite as good. What can be done to change this? Or will the color correction done at Bay Photo correct this? I'm editing with Capture NX, if that makes a difference

Ed
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    EEB wrote:
    Thanks for the reply

I plan on replacing the photo with an edited one and slight crop. With the color correction, what all gets adjusted? Bay Photo it's done by hand, not auto?

After I edit the photo, then soft proof with Bay's ICC profile. The photo doesnt look quite as good. What can be done to change this? Or will the color correction done at Bay Photo correct this? I'm editing with Capture NX, if that makes a difference

Ed
    Hi Ed, Could you send us the order number to the help desk and we'll have one of the House Pros take a look for you.

To help them compare the before and after images, upload the 'edited' version to it's own gallery and send that link too.

They'll be able to provide the feed back you are requiring. :)

• Options
    edited April 23, 2009
    richW wrote:
    Hi Ed, Could you send us the order number to the help desk and we'll have one of the House Pros take a look for you.

To help them compare the before and after images, upload the 'edited' version to it's own gallery and send that link too.

They'll be able to provide the feed back you are requiring. :)

Thanks I'll send an email once I get the edited photo loaded. When I put it in another gallery. Does it matter if it's in a public or private gallery?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    EEB wrote:
    Thanks I'll send an email once I get the edited photo loaded. When I put it in another gallery. Does it matter if it's in a public or private gallery?
    You can make it an unlisted gallery - no problem.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero