HDR Leaf on the ground

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited April 25, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I haven't posted much lately. Haven't been shooting much either, so I went through some old shots this morning and processed a couple HDRs. Just thought I'd post these for comment. I generally prefer the natural look in HDR but using a more extreme approach on this leaf really got my attention for some reason. To me it is more of an artistic view.

Shot at 300mm with 70-300. f5.6 at 1/100, 1/200, and 1/400. Started with exposure comp of -1/3.

Posted at XL size for Azzaro! :D Sorry for the watermark--I pulled these from a watermarked gallery and didn't think to turn them off. Comments are welcomed.

Lauren

519136107_sAnqJ-XL.jpg

519135839_Sc8jQ-XL.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    I'm going to leaf this one for someone else to comment on.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    rolleyes1.gif

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    Hi Lauren...... I like the first one... You did a good job of isolating the subject with the out of focus background and the colors are nice.... GOOD JOB!thumb.gif azzaro

PS.....Nice size......
    edited April 24, 2009
    Thanks, Azzaro! The more I look at the first one, the more I like it also. I'm trying to choose my own images to do a collection on our living room wall--I might use this one.

Not sure how I got the isolation right--just dumb luck, I guess. I did use a tripod, which my husband kindly lugged around for me on a Riverwalk tour a few months ago. :D

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Thanks, Azzaro! The more I look at the first one, the more I like it also. I'm trying to choose my own images to do a collection on our living room wall--I might use this one.

Not sure how I got the isolation right--just dumb luck, I guess. I did use a tripod, which my husband kindly lugged around for me on a Riverwalk tour a few months ago. :D

How about posting the collection so all of us can see,,,,, azzaro
    edited April 24, 2009
    Azzaro - Nice idea. I'm still deciding on images, but it's one of those projects that won't get done ever if I don't do it soon. There will always be "another, better picture" in the future, right? :D Maybe I could get some help from the community if I post the collection!

Thanks,
    Lauren

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2009
    Hi Lauren
    Love the colors in the first one. Some subjects just cry out for over saturation, others don't. This is definitely one of the former. clap.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
    edited April 24, 2009
    Thanks a lot, John/Jack! I'm anxious to print this one now to see how it looks.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I haven't posted much lately. Haven't been shooting much either, so I went through some old shots this morning and processed a couple HDRs. Just thought I'd post these for comment. I generally prefer the natural look in HDR but using a more extreme approach on this leaf really got my attention for some reason. To me it is more of an artistic view.

Shot at 300mm with 70-300. f5.6 at 1/100, 1/200, and 1/400. Started with exposure comp of -1/3.

Posted at XL size for Azzaro! :D Sorry for the watermark--I pulled these from a watermarked gallery and didn't think to turn them off. Comments are welcomed.

Lauren

Hi Lauren I prefer the colours in the first shot over the second one thumb.gif
    ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin