tell me what u think

jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
edited April 23, 2009 in Landscapes
I took this photo yesterday down at the beach here in Santa Barbara CA.
There was this giant peice of tree that had been on the beach for many years weatherd and all. I used the orangish cliff side for a background. I used a canon 5D w/ a 16-35 wide angle with f5. I really like how the rust color on the tree goes with the color of the background. thanks Jovitta
BE YOURSELF FRIENDS WILL LIKE YOU FOR YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY AND STYLE
http://jeffovittphotography.com
Member; NANPA
Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
Epson 3880 pro pinter, CS5, Nik software complete edition, Photomatix.

Comments

• hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    I agree, the tree has a lot of great details and the similar colors with the rock is great.

Personally, I find the tree a little dark and it doesn't stand out from the cliff. On my monitor I can't see all the great details that seem to be present in the weathered wood. Perhaps lighten the tree and then check it's contrast to make sure you are getting the proper emphasis.
  • jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    I agree, the tree has a lot of great details and the similar colors with the rock is great.

Personally, I find the tree a little dark and it doesn't stand out from the cliff. On my monitor I can't see all the great details that seem to be present in the weathered wood. Perhaps lighten the tree and then check it's contrast to make sure you are getting the proper emphasis.

headscratch.gif Hi on my computer it stands out a geat deal against the back ground. oh ya where u from I see the pic is a light house in Maine. I am oridginaly from Vermont check out my sight I have a lot of New England photos.
    BE YOURSELF FRIENDS WILL LIKE YOU FOR YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY AND STYLE
    http://jeffovittphotography.com
    Member; NANPA
    Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
    Epson 3880 pro pinter, CS5, Nik software complete edition, Photomatix.
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2009
    jovitta wrote:
    I took this photo yesterday down at the beach here in Santa Barbara CA.
    There was this giant peice of tree that had been on the beach for many years weatherd and all. I used the orangish cliff side for a background. I used a canon 5D w/ a 16-35 wide angle with f5. I really like how the rust color on the tree goes with the color of the background. thanks Jovitta

On my monitor it certainly separates the tree from the background. My kind of photograph also.

Nice work.

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown