Concert Shots

Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited April 28, 2009 in People
Out here in the lovely Iraq, good concerts are few and far between. Here are some shots I took on my Rebel with a borrowed 100-400 IS L f/4.0. Hope you enjoy!

519318907_VRjdy-L.jpg
519318902_tw3NU-L.jpg
519320949_2tQZ7-L.jpg

I have a deep obsession with black and white. Sorry :D.

Comments

• Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Bump for C&C?
  • mud390mud390 Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    I have never shot this kind of shot before, so you can take this with a grain of salt. I can see what you are going for, but the shots seem on the dark side. Especially the second one. There seems to be some loss of detail in the darkness. There is great potential though.

Kris
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 28, 2009
    Bump for C&C?

I am quite fond of black and white, but I agree with Kris that these are too dark.
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Thanks for the comments! I agree with you both, actually, the reason I brought them down to such a dark level was mostly because of the graininess of the shots, and I was trying to reduce that somewhat, hoping to maintain an artistic nature to them. The only one I truly favored was the third, which seemed to be ideal at its current light level.

Regardless, there's no need for grains of salt when I've only been taking pictures for a purpose for about 8 months now. Critiques appreciated!
  • fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I agree as well. If it was a backlit picture, the "Silhoutte" effect would be more prominant. The way it is right now, makes it look like your flash mis-fired.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout