Suggestion for mobile Image editing?

timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
edited April 24, 2009 in Digital Darkroom
I'm headed on an extended road trip on my motorcycle starting in early June, and while I'm on the road I want to do some LR 2 and CS4 work, as well as some lite video recording, editing and posting to youtube.

To do this, I'm looking for a laptop which has sufficient CPU, memory, and disk capacity to do a reasonable job. For reference, on a previous road trip I took ~10K of pictures. I've been going through those pics and have probably tossed 50% - 75% of them, but that still leaves a lot of images to process, and I anticipate similar numbers on this trip. The primary concern is the ability to load images in the system, generate the previews, and then allow me to do a preliminary culling to pick out the day's good pics.

I've seen some laptops at BestBuy Canada, but as I'm a computer user more than a buyer, I'm wondering what other people's suggestions are. Budget is reasonably flexible - in Canadian funds. :wink
  • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc