Options

Sunday "processing image" delay again

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited June 6, 2005 in SmugMug Support
It looks like we once again have a significant delay on Sunday evening where uploaded pictures stay at the "processing image" step for awhile before they show up. Not a big deal for my family pics (they can wait a few hours), but it is kind of a pain when I'm trying to participate in dpreview threads with retouched photos and I can't post because my edits won't show up in my gallery for awhile.

Should we expect Sundays to always be busy like this or is there something unusual happening today or do you have plans to increase this type of capacity so we won't see this delay in the future?

--John
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 6, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    It looks like we once again have a significant delay on Sunday evening where uploaded pictures stay at the "processing image" step for awhile before they show up. Not a big deal for my family pics (they can wait a few hours), but it is kind of a pain when I'm trying to participate in dpreview threads with retouched photos and I can't post because my edits won't show up in my gallery for awhile.

Should we expect Sundays to always be busy like this or is there something unusual happening today or do you have plans to increase this type of capacity so we won't see this delay in the future?

--John
    John,

Refer to the post from Baldy in this thread...

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=12835

Bottomline...unusual event

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos