Unable to arrange albums

mhuckamhucka Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 26, 2009 in Bug Reporting
This used to work, but now doesn't. I've tried it in both Safari and Firefox on MacOS 10.5.x.

If I click on "arrange" in one of my galleries such as http://sbmlteam.smugmug.com/BioModels%20meetings, then reorder the albums, and finally click "save changes", the changes are NOT saved. The order remains the same. Yes, I'm clicking on "save changes", and the page is refreshed after a few seconds after I do that, but the resulting page has the albums in the same order as before.

I can't figure out what I could be possibly doing wrong.

Help?

Mike

Comments

• LCKatMPNLCKatMPN Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited April 24, 2009
    mhucka wrote:
    This used to work, but now doesn't. I've tried it in both Safari and Firefox on MacOS 10.5.x.

If I click on "arrange" in one of my galleries such as http://sbmlteam.smugmug.com/BioModels%20meetings, then reorder the albums, and finally click "save changes", the changes are NOT saved. The order remains the same. Yes, I'm clicking on "save changes", and the page is refreshed after a few seconds after I do that, but the resulting page has the albums in the same order as before.

I can't figure out what I could be possibly doing wrong.

Help?

Mike

This is happening with me as well. I am trying to post my last (newly uploaded) gallery to the top of the heap and I get as far as you do, Mike. Please advise, SmugMug. I'm covering five events this weekend, with one going up shortly after midnight. My site depends on my being able to post the most recently posted news at top (at least until I redesign). Thanks.

Thanks,
    Linda
    www.MyPaperNow.com
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    Can you provide us with exact details on how you want to have things arranged? Then, we could take a look.
    What browser and operating system are you using?
    Could it be that you're logged in as an Assistant instead of the account owner if you're a Pro user?

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • mhuckamhucka Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 25, 2009
    Can you provide us with exact details on how you want to have things arranged? Then, we could take a look.

It doesn't matter. It fails to work no matter what rearrangement I try. All I do is (1) click on the "arrange" button in the category
    What browser and operating system are you using?

I already mentioned this in the original posting, but it's MacOS 10.5.x and the problem happens whether I use FireFox 3.0.6 or Safari 3.2.1
    Could it be that you're logged in as an Assistant instead of the account owner if you're a Pro user?

No, I don't see how that could be. I've never heard of "assistants" before. I always use the account login.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • mhuckamhucka Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 25, 2009
    (Sorry about the incomplete last post; I just discovered a nasty feature of this forum is that it rebinds keyboard combinations like control key combinations, which interferes with my own special keys.)
    mhucka wrote:
    It doesn't matter. It fails to work no matter what rearrangement I try. All I do is (1) click on the "arrange" button in the category

To finish what I started to write:

All I do is (1) click on the "arrange" button in the category, (2) click on an album in the mover interface that comes up, (3) use the arrow buttons to move the album around, and (4) click on "save changes". When the screen refreshes and goes back to the gallery view, the order is back to the original one; nothing has changed.

Mike
  • LCKatMPNLCKatMPN Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    FOLLOW UP: I could not arrange my galleries this morning as well. I got as far as moving the gallery from the bottom to the top and hitting the save key, but then it saved the galleries as was, no change. I covered an event this afternoon, came back, and was able to move the bottom gallery to the top. I uploaded my photos from today's event. Now, as I try to move that gallery to the top of the heap, again I can't do it. So, to sum, didn't work, did work, doesn't work again. I'm off to cover another event, to post again later. I would have liked to have had this taken care of before I left, though. Let me know what I need to do.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Linda
    www.MyPaperNow.com
  • kevinheltonkevinhelton Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    I'm having the same problem. The arrangement will not stick. I have tried on multiple computers with both firefox and ie 7.

Any ideas of the problem? This is kind of annoying ne_nau.gif
    Kevin Helton
    Kevin Helton Photography
    www.kevinhelton.com
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 26, 2009
    I have sent this one to our programmers. We can see it and replicate. Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully we can get it squashed soon.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • DogBreedzDogBreedz Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 26, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    I have sent this one to our programmers. We can see it and replicate. Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully we can get it squashed soon.

Thanks for getting on this. If it helps, my experience:

from my homepage I am viewing by gallery in IE7.0. I click on sort galleries by ARRANGE and I CAN get it to work - however I have to do it twice. Move gallery ... click SAVE CHANGES. Get taken back to homepage, holding my breath hoping it worked this time (breath holding not a necessary step, it turns out it happens even if I am breathing normally or even hyperventilating ...). Nope. Click ARRANGE and go thru the motions again, click SAVE CHANGES and viola! It worked! My pages are beautiful, tho I've wasted some time repeating the step.

Hope that helps! mwink.gif