Kevin and Megan - Prom Pictures

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited April 26, 2009 in People
These are some from a session I had last night with this couple. I can tell you one thing, all their friends are going to be jealous that they hired a photographer to do their photos instead of having mom and dad take some snaps with a PnS. This was RIGHT after a severe thunderstorm yesterday (pretty clouds due to that)... It was CRAZY, I seriously thought we were gonna get some tornados or something. anyways, enjoy.

520308116_HjZ8o-L.jpg

520308871_Tw3Ev-L.jpg
520310351_FVEgN-L.jpg
520310361_ciNxZ-L.jpg
520310508_NfsJ9-L.jpg
520311954_FV6EH-L.jpg
520313563_HdJNn-L.jpg
520313998_bBDth-L.jpg
520314077_X8C5V-L.jpg
520314737_gw8Aa-L.jpg
520314284_gbwoW-L.jpg
520313098_EN68T-L.jpg
520317258_ZkJGc-L.jpg
520317158_z8nAt-L.jpg
520316414_6wxKz-L.jpg

Now I gotta go catch my flight to Texas! Enjoy!
Jer

Comments

• SoonerShawnSoonerShawn Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    I like #1 and #10 the best, you might rotate 1 just slightly...it feels a little tilted to me. Good stuff.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    Dude, these are FAR AND AWAY the best pictures you've ever posted here. LIGHT years beyond anything you've shared here. Congrats!

I like #1, 7, and 8 the best (although previous poster is right - check the horizons for tilts). Also, I think they could use just a little more of the "pop" factor - check your b and w points and use them in curves to get a bit more contrast.

Not so sure about the series at the church door - I'm not sure of the story you're telling with those, so it's unclear why she's looking so miffed; the one of him is better, although the grin is perhaps heading for just a smidgen of cheeze....

Well done! thumb.gif
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    Thanks, I know that one is tilted, I haven't done any editing to these other than coverting from raw to jpeg and adding my watermark. Didn't have time to do it. I got done with the shoot at 9'ish last night, had to pack for the trip today, and umm oh yeah get some sleep so I don't fall asleep at the airport.I just wanted to release some photos to show how I'm progressing, and how much better I've gotten by using my 50D. Idk it might all be in my head, but my pictures have improved by 500% since I got it.Anyways, I'm at the airport trying to eat cold chinese food. I'll report back with pictures from El Paso,Texas when I get there.
    Jer
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    My gosh, it is just me or "do kids these days" just seem so much more grown up!

Nice work - fun shots!
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif with comments already stated - these are far and away the best work you have posted! thumb.gif

Your next step is to incorporate some off-camera flash. A couple of these could have benefited from that.

But .... bottom line - WOW!

Oh, and you're right - their friends are going to be soooooo jealous!
    edited April 25, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif with comments already stated - these are far and away the best work you have posted! thumb.gif

Your next step is to incorporate some off-camera flash. A couple of these could have benefited from that.

But .... bottom line - WOW!

Oh, and you're right - their friends are going to be soooooo jealous!

I purchased some cactus wireless triggers a while back and use them in my studio, but I didn't have an assistant last night and felt I would be wasting time messing around with the trigger/positioning/etc... so i said screw it, and just popped it on top of my 50D.

Just landed in El Paso, Texas... took forever to get here from Wisconsin. I'm glad the internet on my blackberry gave me something to do in the airports/airplanes.

anyways, your comments are appreciated, keep em coming cause I deserve it! :D
    Jer
  • BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    The facial expression on #4 is priceless!!:D
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    Dude - you have struggled to get here, but these are seriously excellent!

I think all the practice over the winter in the basement with the deer heads paid off.

Nice work, thanks for sharing your journey.

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • AngryRedAngryRed Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    I'm definitely no technical expert in this arena but in my humble opinion it appears that you were creative and spontaneous with the setup. The resulting images and the subject expressions are evident of your hard work and creativity.

I like the set very much although I dread the day my 13 year old daughter calls you for her prom set. :nah :rambo
    Love this place, but I am an ADV rider too!
    F800GS
    edited April 26, 2009
    Zanotti wrote:
    Dude - you have struggled to get here, but these are seriously excellent!

I think all the practice over the winter in the basement with the deer heads paid off.

Nice work, thanks for sharing your journey.

Z

Thanks man, I'm deffinately sick of those deer heads:D . Its great to see people that remember where I was at before, and what I'm doing now. Thats why I love this site.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure my cat is sick of being a test subject for studio shots :D he might be going blind from my flash (I got a wireless trigger, light stand and umbrella now if you didn't know. before I was having it on camera).
    Jer
    edited April 26, 2009
    BMW Kurt wrote:
    The facial expression on #4 is priceless!!:D

agreed. lol... we were going for the "oh no the church is locked, I want in, it wont open... daaang..." that kind of look.
    Jer
    edited April 26, 2009
    AngryRed wrote:
    I'm definitely no technical expert in this arena but in my humble opinion it appears that you were creative and spontaneous with the setup. The resulting images and the subject expressions are evident of your hard work and creativity.

I like the set very much although I dread the day my 13 year old daughter calls you for her prom set. :nah :rambo

Thanks, I deffinately felt creative that night, also a little worried, because we were trying to sneak the session in between thunderstorm downtime. (it was like a hurricane 15 minutes before we started shooting downtown *shot 1 is downtown*)

ok, so maybe a few of them were a tad seductive... ne_nau.gif they like them, thats all that matters. well, and the money they paid me... that matters tooclap.gif . Also note that the parents weren't there to direct them, so that may have affected how they posed. So, go with or take the pictures yourself of your daughter's prom. problem solved!thumb.gif
    Jer