Rainy Day...

dank-photodank-photo Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
edited April 26, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
First go at shooting rain droplets...CC always appreciated...I know they're a little soft, but I still like the graphic look to them...
1.520583315_9WaVx-L-1.jpg
2.520583258_AEjSg-L-1.jpg
3.520583278_BgyLJ-L-1.jpg
4.520583210_pCJPZ-L-1.jpg
5.520583241_HRqMp-L-1.jpg
6.520583341_zeSzR-L-1.jpg

Comments

• mud390mud390 Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    Very interesting! Are the drops hitting something (looks like a deck rail) or dropping in a puddle? I think I like 1 and 2 the best.

Kris
  • dank-photodank-photo Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    mud390 wrote:
    Very interesting! Are the drops hitting something (looks like a deck rail) or dropping in a puddle? I think I like 1 and 2 the best.

Kris
    Thanks,

They're hitting my balcony rail that already had a thin layer of water on it...that's why it's kinda reflective...I also took up the contrast a lot in pp. 1 and 2 are my favorites too...I think I might print them and mount them side by side.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
    It would look neat if you put photos 1, 2, and 3 together as one photo like it looks posted here.
    edited April 26, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    It would look neat if you put photos 1, 2, and 3 together as one photo like it looks posted here.

Thanks dogdots!

It's funny you mention that...cause I've been thinking of all sorts of ways to combine these. headscratch.gif

I think that would look great if I took #3 down to the same size as 1 and 2, but I'm wondering if the droplets in 1 and 3 look too similar...Since my camera's in the same place, I would love to get a perfect splash along the whole line, and stitch them together in post...

It's still pouring out right now...and I think it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow...so I hope to have a chance to try again :D
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    KEWL.............bowdown.gifthumbbowdown.gifthumbbowdown.gifthumbbowdown.gifthumbbowdown.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    dank-photo wrote:
    Thanks dogdots!

It's funny you mention that...cause I've been thinking of all sorts of ways to combine these. headscratch.gif

I think that would look great if I took #3 down to the same size as 1 and 2, but I'm wondering if the droplets in 1 and 3 look too similar...Since my camera's in the same place, I would love to get a perfect splash along the whole line, and stitch them together in post...

It's still pouring out right now...and I think it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow...so I hope to have a chance to try again :D

Really no drop looks exactly the same so I'd do it.

I practiced on rain drops a few years back...got soaked and frustrated. Its not easy. Good luck and let us see your finished project thumb.gif
    edited April 26, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Really no drop looks exactly the same so I'd do it.

I practiced on rain drops a few years back...got soaked and frustrated. Its not easy. Good luck and let us see your finished project thumb.gif

Hasn't rained this morning too much yet...and not in the right direction, so the drops haven't been landing on the rail...ne_nau.gif The sky is a little brighter...still cloudy, but I'm hoping that if it does rain a little, that I can use a lower iso.

Just looked at the radar, and it looks like most of it is NW from where I am...also looks like the twin cities are getting a fair amount of rain today...

Thankfully, I'm shooting from inside my apt.:D but these are all relatively small crops at 200mm.

I'll definitely post the finished project in this thread if it rains again and I get the shots I need. thumb.gif

Thanks!
    edited April 26, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    KEWL.............bowdown.gifthumbbowdown.gifthumbbowdown.gifthumbbowdown.gifthumbbowdown.gifthumb

Thanks Art! I admire all of your work....thumb.gif
  • JChurillJChurill Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    Concept worth experimenting with! Nice!
    Blending The Arts!