Delaware Water Gap, PA - Water Flow

Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
edited April 28, 2009 in Landscapes
It seems like I have been in photo hibernation for most of the Winter months. Signs of Spring are now here, getting me out of the house and looking for new shoot locations. Last week I decided to cross the NY border and scout around the Pennsylvania area known as Delaware Water Gap. I never thought I would find so many waterfalls and streams within an hours drive of home.

C&C's are always welcome.

1. Childs Park, Fulmer Falls

511101053_2UAqy-XL.jpg

2. A stream in the woods of Childs Park.

511104685_ait9Z-XL.jpg

3. Another shot in Childs Park. I tried to capture an interesting play of light on this small wooded waterfall.

520486110_8iKHP-XL.jpg

4. Childs Park.

511108803_X4DFw-XL.jpg

5. Deer Leap Falls at Childs Park. The sunlight was very harsh with the time being midday. I will be returning to these falls to reshoot with better light soon.

520491544_CWptb-XL.jpg

6. Lower half of Silverthread Falls at Dingman Falls Park

511113345_uYLGa-XL.jpg

Thanks for viewing !!!!!

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Hi Fred,

Yanno I grew up not terribly far from here but to me the Water Gap was just a place to pass through. lol3.gif I had no idea that so much nature was to be found there. Wow! I love the second one. Great spotlighting on the smooth water. thumb.gif
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    I love each and everyone of these. I love trying to capture moving water but have never been able to master it. Excellent job!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Fred,

Yanno I grew up not terribly far from here but to me the Water Gap was just a place to pass through. lol3.gif I had no idea that so much nature was to be found there. Wow! I love the second one. Great spotlighting on the smooth water. thumb.gif

Hi Steph,

Thanks for the comments. I never knew about this area either until I happened to "Google-Earth" local areas and checked out some of the posted pictures. :D
  • Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    rhondavid wrote:
    I love each and everyone of these. I love trying to capture moving water but have never been able to master it. Excellent job!

Thanks !!!! A good neutral density filter and sturdy tripod let you really slow your exposure down. Most of these pics were 30 seconds to 2 minute exposures.