Never, never, never....

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited April 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Carry a full load of dirt down hill without a counterbalancing weight bucket on the back. I know that but had the three point hitch set up to tow my cyclone rake and didn't feel like switching over to the weight bucket. I ended up careening down the hill on the loader bucket and two front wheels (no brakes). When I hit the tree, the tractor swung around and darned near flipped over (Oh yeah always wear your seat belt...which I didn't :D).

519449016_AWdUE-L.jpg

See the weight bucket? Not a good place for it!!

519305695_TTcNJ-L.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    Of course you could also go backwards down the hill. That's what I was taught with forklifts, should work with a bucket as well.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    Hey Jack,

Dang!! I hope you weren't hurt in that escapade. Sounds like it could have turned out worse than it did. Still, I'll bet that little ride put a lump in your throat...if not somewhere else. Looks like you have a great place to be playing around with this kind of equipment. I wonder what your dog thought of the whole thing.

Take care ( for real ),

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    Glad you weren't hurt, and there wasn't too much damage. You could always show people that first photo, and tell them your dog decided to take the tractor for a spin. rolleyes1.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    hey i know that feeling...

so how many stiches ? clap.gif or did you get to cast something?
    Aaron Nelson
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    You seem to be OK--I'm glad to hear it!

Now, I also want to know where the dog was when this happened? Sitting on the sidelines, laughing into his paw?
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    Toshido wrote:
    Of course you could also go backwards down the hill. That's what I was taught with forklifts, should work with a bucket as well.

NOW he tells me!! :D

Jack
    edited April 26, 2009
    Hey Jack,

Dang!! I hope you weren't hurt in that escapade. Sounds like it could have turned out worse than it did. Still, I'll bet that little ride put a lump in your throat...if not somewhere else. Looks like you have a great place to be playing around with this kind of equipment. I wonder what your dog thought of the whole thing.

Take care ( for real ),

Tom

Hi Tom. It certainly shook me up some. I walked back to the house to get my camera and it took 3 attempts at the combination to open my safe!
    I have about 4 acres of woodlands (mostly mature hardwoods) surrounding about 2 acres of house/yard. This winter was brutal with ice storm after ice storm knocking down trees and large limbs. I.ve been working every day for the past 5 weeks to clean up the property. At the same time I decided to build and or enlarge a number of flower/shrub gardens and stone walls. I literally am working 10 hour days 5-6 days a week. They never told me retirement would be like this! :D

Jack
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    Howdy John,

Yikes, So glad to hear you weren't hurt, funny how those things just seem to happen.

I imagine the Hound will be selling the Video on U-Tube :D Nice looking Choc
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    Hi Jack......Wow ... you need to get a check list like a pilot... Hard hat, seat belt on. counter balance....... I just got done watching the NASCAR Guys, and I checked out Smug Mug, and there you were, spun out and up against a tree. GLAD YOU WEREN'T HURT........ azzaro
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Hi Tom. It certainly shook me up some. I walked back to the house to get my camera and it took 3 attempts at the combination to open my safe!
    I have about 4 acres of woodlands (mostly mature hardwoods) surrounding about 2 acres of house/yard. This winter was brutal with ice storm after ice storm knocking down trees and large limbs. I.ve been working every day for the past 5 weeks to clean up the property. At the same time I decided to build and or enlarge a number of flower/shrub gardens and stone walls. I literally am working 10 hour days 5-6 days a week. They never told me retirement would be like this! :D

You are fully living Jack. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    so how far did you free roll on the front wheels? heck without that tree there we might not be talking right now/////////eek7.gif
    Aaron Nelson
    edited April 27, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy John,

Yikes, So glad to hear you weren't hurt, funny how those things just seem to happen.

I imagine the Hound will be selling the Video on U-Tube :D Nice looking Choc

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifrofl

Jack
    edited April 27, 2009
    moose135 wrote:
    Glad you weren't hurt, and there wasn't too much damage. You could always show people that first photo, and tell them your dog decided to take the tractor for a spin. rolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifrofl

Jack
    edited April 27, 2009
    hey i know that feeling...

so how many stiches ? clap.gif or did you get to cast something?

Actually I was very lucky. No damage to me (other than a bruised ego), and none to the tractor.

Jack
    edited April 27, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    You seem to be OK--I'm glad to hear it!

Now, I also want to know where the dog was when this happened? Sitting on the sidelines, laughing into his paw?

Barney is my constant companion. He follows me all over the property all day long carrying a tennis ball which he purposely manages to drop right where I have to pick it up to continue working. Naturally I fling the ball out of annoyance and that's just what he counts on! :D He was kind though and didn't say a word when this happened.

Jack
    edited April 28, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Jack......Wow ... you need to get a check list like a pilot... Hard hat, seat belt on. counter balance....... I just got done watching the NASCAR Guys, and I checked out Smug Mug, and there you were, spun out and up against a tree. GLAD YOU WEREN'T HURT........ azzaro

Ah this aging thing! Guess it's better than the alternative :D . I seem to need a checklist for everyting... got your keys?, pipe, wallet, list of things you're supposed to pick up in town, is the door locked? It just goes on and on. headscratch.gif

Jack