A few from Fenway Park Red Sox vs Yankees

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited April 28, 2009 in Landscapes
A vendor of mine gave me 2 tix to last Friday's Red Sox vs. Yankees game that were in a private suite off of 3rd base. It wound up being one of the most memorable games of all time. Here's a few shots. C&C welcome.

#1: Broadcast booth
520722204_Aojgk-L.jpg

520735068_7PvoC-L.jpg

#3: 2007 World Series Trophy was brought to our private suite so we could take pictures with it.
520710991_YRMEe-XL.jpg

520721411_H7Pqq-L.jpg

520725090_MaRMw-L.jpg

520728935_hNNVX-L.jpg

520720613_ZnX4U-L.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    These are great and I'm very jealous! GREAT game to be at. Only tonight's game with Jacoby Ellsbury's straight-up steal of home plate (first in 19 years for the Sox) can come close.

I like the shot of the field and the shot of the Pru especially.

Nice work.
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    boblu262 wrote:
    These are great and I'm very jealous! GREAT game to be at. Only tonight's game with Jacoby Ellsbury's straight-up steal of home plate (first in 19 years for the Sox) can come close.

I like the shot of the field and the shot of the Pru especially.

Nice work.

Thanks boblu262. You are right. I'm sitting here watching the game as well and when I ever saw Ellsbury do that my jaw dropped. My question is did he have a green light or did he make the decision himself lol. Dunno after I saw the quick shot of the interaction between he and Tito! :)...could also be that I'm tired...my wife and I just had our 3rd last night wings.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Thanks boblu262. You are right. I'm sitting here watching the game as well and when I ever saw Ellsbury do that my jaw dropped. My question is did he have a green light or did he make the decision himself lol. Dunno after I saw the quick shot of the interaction between he and Tito! :)...could also be that I'm tired...my wife and I just had our 3rd last night wings.gif

Apparently its all in the scouting. Announcers pointed out that Pettit has a tendency not to look towards third when a runner is there. Tito had the right man on third!

Congrats on YOUR third!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2009
    bowdown.gif
    edited April 26, 2009
    Thanks Boblu262/Andy! :) I'm pretty stoked!
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• SVNSVN Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Nice pictures. miss fenway and my times in boston.
    edited April 27, 2009
    Thanks SVN....Boston definitely is a great town..... and recent years it has also been the major league sprots place to be! ...GO BRUINS!!! lol ok and Celtics
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    These are fantastic ! great stadium shot
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    The first MLB game I ever attended was at Fenway Park--and Yaz was in LF!!!

This was a fun series of pics to look at--especially like the WS trophy! I guess I'll never get any closer to it than seeing it on my mac screen, just a mere 12 inches away from me. . .rolleyes1.gif
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Diamond DDiamond D Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    with a lefty at bat and a brand new 3rd basemen playing off the base, I'd wager a hefty amount that Ellsbury made that decision on his own. And it was a darn gutsy one too, if he's out at home plate he would have wasted 3 base runners, albeit with 2 outs.

And those pictures are awesome! I really like the wide angle shot from the suite, great color and sharpness
    http://diamondd.smugmug.com

Nikon D80
    Nikkor 50mm/f1.8, 18-135/f3.5-5.6, 70-300VR/f4-5.6
    Tokina 11-16/f2.8
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    bowdown.gif

Andy you Traitor!!

Signed,
    A true fan of the 26 time world champions!!:D

Nice looking series. Great looking skyline shots!! No comment on the trophy shot. mwink.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited April 28, 2009
    Beautiful shots. I never saw Boston look so good. eek7.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
    edited April 28, 2009
    Thanks all...even the one who worships the evil empire! :) I was also fortunate to get my picture with the 2004 World Series Trophy on the field in front to the Green Monstah in '06. lol as for the Yankees, good thing they have a few trophies already because it looks like it will be a while before they can buy another one! lol j/k....ok only partially kidding.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com