Older cameras

fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited April 28, 2009 in Cameras
I have some older cameras I would like to see if there is any value to them. I have an old Minox spy camera complete with case, and an old Kodak Brownie.

I also have a Pentax ZX-7 but that's only a couple years old. Can someone tell me where I go to find the value?
Fred J Claus
Commercial Photographer
http://www.FredJClaus.com
http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,081 moderator
    edited April 27, 2009
    fredjclaus wrote:
    I have some older cameras I would like to see if there is any value to them. I have an old Minox spy camera complete with case, and an old Kodak Brownie.

I also have a Pentax ZX-7 but that's only a couple years old. Can someone tell me where I go to find the value?

The first 2 cameras you mention, the Minox and the Kodak Brownie, were available in different models and value would depend on the model, actual age, condition, included accessories, etc. Be sure to check the cameras looking for as much identification as possible to help properly value the items.

KEH.com is where I usually go to gauge values. Realize that, as a private seller, you may not achieve the same value as KEH, unless you have something truly unique. Private sales would normally be somewhat less.

Adorama is known to have good trade-in values if you should decide you don't want to sell the items yourself.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    fredjclaus wrote:

You may check pentaxforums.com. They have an active marketplace and you may find previous sales, or notes from users regarding what they sold for recently.
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    fredjclaus wrote:

I have seen both the Minox spy camera and the Kodak Brownie at the George Eastman House.

So regardless of actual value, you can tell people you have museum-quality pieces! wings.gifwings.gifwings.gif

Of course, they also had a camera shaped like Charlie the Tuna from the old Star-Kist commercials, complete with a bulb flash on the top of his head ... headscratch.gif