Keep that camera ready

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited April 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
These aren't amazing pics by any stretch of the imagination, but they do show the value of always having your camera ready.

Texas panhandle thunderstorm. I saw a cloud burst happening, so I stopped and got my camera out. By the time I got it out and ready to shoot, the cloud burst was only a fraction that it had been only 30 seconds earlier.

But, I didn't put the camera back. I was able to capture the second time in my life that I've witnessed seeing the end of a rainbow. The first, when I was a young boy & we were driving to the deer lease. Up on Ranger Hill, a snow covered field had several deer milling around & the end of the rainbow was in the middle of this field. Of course, no camera.

And now, a not so scenic highway with the rainbow ending on a semi-truck going down the highway.

Oh well, I can still vividly remember the first :D

1) What's remaining of the cloud burst
522541131_P4HZj-L.jpg

2) Rainbow ending on the semi-truck on the highway
522541356_etBHG-L.jpg
Randy

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    cool photosthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif....in vehicle I never have camera in a case....always at least 1 camera sitting on seat next to me...always....as you said you never know what you may see or what will happen.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Love the rainbow ending on the semi! I would have been beside myself, probably pulled over to catch more rainbow ending on the traffic. But, you probably had some place to go and be at, right?
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    cool photosthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif....in vehicle I never have camera in a case....always at least 1 camera sitting on seat next to me...always....as you said you never know what you may see or what will happen.....

Thanks Art. I tried to have my wife sit in the back so that my camera could be in the front seat beside me... let's just say, I had to get the camera out of the back rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Dee wrote:
    Love the rainbow ending on the semi! I would have been beside myself, probably pulled over to catch more rainbow ending on the traffic. But, you probably had some place to go and be at, right?

After that shot the rainbow completely disappeared.
    Randy
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Can't your wife hold the camera for you? My husband has kindly lugged my tripod around on a couple of shoots. :D

Nice captures, Randy--the first one really shows the vastness of West Texas.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Your photos brought back many memories of TX and its storms.

Good photos thumb.gif