New 50D at the park - C&C please

whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited April 28, 2009 in People
After wishing for a new camera for almost 3 years, I received a shipment from B&H on Thursday - a 50D. I couldn't be happier....so user friendly, feels so nice in my hands.

Anyway, I talked my 3 year old into going to the park for a few shots. He wasn't very cooperative and the sun was blazing - I know, excuses, excuses.:cry

I'm pretty certain all shots were with my 50mm f1.4. A little cropping and sharpening in PS.

Your C&C is much appreciated - I'm here to learn.

522670801_nTYfn-M.jpg

2. I hate that harsh shadow :(:
522671054_wrbRT-M.jpg

522671642_F7mzD-M.jpg

4. An airplane
522670725_3P7Mh-M.jpg
- Christopher
My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2009
    Cute boy you have, and we both share the same camera which I love. As you said, the light was harsh, but you did well in my opinion thumb.gif

Dan
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Cute boy you have, and we both share the same camera which I love. As you said, the light was harsh, but you did well in my opinion thumb.gif

Dan

Thanks Dan.
    - Christopher
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    1st picture is beautiful, others are very good as well. I like the 1st especially because of the even placement of light, as well as the fact that you obviously stuck to a traditional idea, and maximized it in a way. The only recommendation I could make for that picture would have been to shoot at a slightly less harsh angle, capturing the subject's face a little more in the shot.

Very nice.
  • KhristenKhristen Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I know exactly how you feel! I got mine back in Feb and I m in loooooove. iloveyou.gifI'm still working on finding my style with it though.

I like the park fence-- very kewl! You have an adorable little boy.

Gotta watch those sun rays- they get you every time! I had a shoot on Sunday and it was so hot and bright! I wish my client had picked a different time to go out! I feel like the pictures were blown out quite a bit but she loved them. I guess thats all that mattered.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    edited April 28, 2009
    1st picture is beautiful, others are very good as well. I like the 1st especially because of the even placement of light, as well as the fact that you obviously stuck to a traditional idea, and maximized it in a way. The only recommendation I could make for that picture would have been to shoot at a slightly less harsh angle, capturing the subject's face a little more in the shot.

Very nice.

I agree, the angle in #1 was a little harsh. Wasn't even paying attention while I was taking the shot...you know I will though next time. :heh
    - Christopher
    edited April 28, 2009
    Khristen wrote:
    I know exactly how you feel! I got mine back in Feb and I m in loooooove. iloveyou.gifI'm still working on finding my style with it though.

I like the park fence-- very kewl! You have an adorable little boy.

Gotta watch those sun rays- they get you every time! I had a shoot on Sunday and it was so hot and bright! I wish my client had picked a different time to go out! I feel like the pictures were blown out quite a bit but she loved them. I guess thats all that mattered.

It feels SO NICE in my hands...and this was a big step up for me...I've shot for the last 6 years with one of the original Rebels xsi(?) aka 1000D.

That darn sun....I couldn't get my boy outta the house until 9am, and even then the sun was SO BRIGHT. Praying for a few cloudy/overcast days - itching to take so shots. - Thanks Khristen.
    - Christopher
    edited April 28, 2009
    Mitchell wrote:
    What a cutie!!iloveyou.gif

Thanks Mitchell - my wife's genes are responsible for the cuteness!rolleyes1.gif
    - Christopher